1.    #1  
    My Sprint 700p was working fine and all of a sudden, no one can hear me either when I place a call or when they call me. I can hear them fine. I also noticed that the phone is not connecting to a BT headset that it would connect to before.

Anyone had this problem? I have already performed a Hard reset and that hasn't helped.

TIA
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    This happened to me once, it was the microphone. I took it to the sprint store and they swapped it out for a new one.
    It happened to me once a week ago, but all I did is hang up and call again and its been fine since.
    at&t iPhone3G
    You might want to record a short memo to see if the microphone is working...
    Global Posts
    319 Global Posts
    I have a verizon phone and all of the sudden I can't hear anyone... nothing new added but I need to try a hard reset.
    If I could know then, what I know now.
    I had a similar problem: the phone acts like it has an earbud plugged in--even though it doesn't! So the option of speakerphone does not show up and sound and mic are inactivated. If I plug in the earphone headset--no problem, everything's fine. But when I unplug it, it doesn't recognize its removal and revert to standard operation.
    Quote Originally Posted by TreoTheo
    I had a similar problem: the phone acts like it has an earbud plugged in--even though it doesn't! So the option of speakerphone does not show up and sound and mic are inactivated. If I plug in the earphone headset--no problem, everything's fine. But when I unplug it, it doesn't recognize its removal and revert to standard operation.
    hmmm, I think I've heard of someone else on the forum with the same problem.
    Anyone: Does the 'Bypass Headset Jack' option of VolumeCare help with this issue?
    I have had the same problem lately with Treo 700p. I can't be heard when I speak in to the microphone, but I can hear the caller or person I have called. Also, the sounds of the keyboard when entering a phone number are gone. I called Verizon support, they recommended a hard reset which temporarily solved the problem (for several days). Since the hard reset worked, Verizon support believes it is a 3rd party software compatability problem, not a hardware problem. But sounds like others are having this experience... Anyone found the answer?
    Try plugging and unplugging your wired headset a few times. this worked for me.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
    hey. I get this all the time. I understand that its due to My inmotion IMT1 speaker dock. It sorta meses with the treo's audio sometimes when disconnecting it from the doc. sometimes the mic quits working. sometimes the ear listening part quits working. its a mixed bag. Soft reset usually fixes it but thats annoing
  12. nsm
    This is the same crap that happened the 650. This was a CHRONIC problem for the 650.

http://treotricks.blogspot.com/2006/...ix-part-1.html

Tell me they didn't fix it!
    See my previous post in this thread. My Treo 700p continued to have failure of microphone requiring repeated hard resets. Verizon has now supplied me with a new Treo. We'll see what happens. They don't acknowledge a problem of this type. Carl
    Global Posts
    442 Global Posts
    there are a lot of problems with BlueTooth headsets. After pairing, the headset works, but if you turn BT off and back on again, it pairs, and can answer a call or redial, but can't talk or hear. You need to do a reset and pair again to fix BT. Others complain of the bug when the headset goes out of range. Palm has been made aware of this bug.