Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Pocket Quicken does not sync at all with the bank, you need to go to the desktop version of Quicken to do this and then sync with pocket Quicken. I have heard that SplashMoney does it quite well but I have not used it. Not not sure about the others.
    Last edited by copernicus; 07/30/2006 at 08:20 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ohmster
    I am biased , and this actually seals the deal the other way for me. I want my desktop transactions uneditable on the Palm. The Palm app for me is just an extension that allows me to see all account balances, the last x weeks of data, and enter new records at the point of transaction.

It is not meant to duplicate or replace the desktop. Again, this is my completely biased opinion.
    You may not believe this, but I did put-in an enhancement request for "READONLY" account settings for Ultrasoft Money some time back. Don't know what happened to that!
    The problem with Pocket Quicken is that it loses transactions on the PC.

If you do a sync and then don't go into Quicken immediately and verify the transactions and then do another sync tomorrow, then you lose all your transactions from the previous sync. I stopped using Quicken, after I lost a lot of transactions, when a hotsync failed after partially syncing a few programs like quicken. I hotsynced again and lost a weeks worth of transactions. Suck!!!
    Never happens on the OSX counterparts...

Quote Originally Posted by 155

If you do a sync and then don't go into Quicken immediately and verify the transactions and then do another sync tomorrow, then you lose all your transactions from the previous sync. I stopped using Quicken, after I lost a lot of transactions, when a hotsync failed after partially syncing a few programs like quicken. I hotsynced again and lost a weeks worth of transactions. Suck!!!
    PIII,PIIIx,V,Vx,M505,M515,TT,T3,650,700p=>>iPhone
    There's more to life than technology....but not a whole lot more

If you do a sync and then don't go into Quicken immediately and verify the transactions and then do another sync tomorrow, then you lose all your transactions from the previous sync...
    This is definitely not happening with Quicken Premier Home and Office 2006 for Windows XP and Pocket Quicken version 2.5.1. I agree that if this were in fact the case, it would be intolerable.

I stopped using Quicken, after I lost a lot of transactions, when a hotsync failed after partially syncing a few programs like quicken. I hotsynced again and lost a weeks worth of transactions. Suck!!!
    I have never had this happen to me, but I suppose it is possible. This is quite different from losing transactions unless one has accepted those transactions that were recorded prior to each sync, each and every time. I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, though.
    Quote Originally Posted by copernicus
    I have never had this happen to me, but I suppose it is possible. This is quite different from losing transactions unless one has accepted those transactions that were recorded prior to each sync, each and every time. I'm not sure if I understood you correctly, though.
    No, that's what I'm describing. I lose transactions unless I have accepted those transactions that were recorded prior to each sync, each and every time.

The problem is that sometimes the user doesn't see it coming or forgets. To use PocketQuicken, you have to constantly be concious of your PocketQuicken transactions or you'll accidentally lose them.

Let's say that you are installing a complicated piece of software. You sync once and then it asks you to sync again to complete installation. You sync one after another not thinking about Quicken and just in a rush. If you don't jump right into Quicken then you lose your transactions and it sucks.

What I was describing was this. I started up a hotsync. It went about half way through and failed. It did sync Quicken though. Then I went to restart it and it deleted my transactions, because of just what you described.

It's horrible to have 50-60 transactions and then lose them all cause you forgot to go into Quicken. There should be some sort of backup or something.

People should be aware of this when they are using PocketQuicken. I haven't had those kinds of problems with Money.
    Hi 155,
    I cannot duplicate that behavior on the setup I mentioned above. For example, yesterday I had a couple of charges at Starbucks to my Cash account which I had entered on the Treo. This morning, I synced and there were the charges on Quicken Desktop waiting to be accepted. I did not accept them. I had two more charges this morning which I entered into the Treo and synced again (I closed Quicken without having accepted the previous two charges). When I checked Desktop Quicken again, I then had four charges in Quicken waiting to be accepted. I accepted all four charges and they were promptly registered into Quicken.

It's just a thought, but let's say you make the same charge over and over again (a Tall Half Decaf Coffee at Starbucks ), Quicken Desktop will often flag those charges as a "Match" in the "waiting to be accepted list." If you don't change the "Match" charges to "New," those charges will indeed be lost. This is a mechanism Quicken uses to prevent duplicate charges and is an easy trap to fall into. Could this be what is happening to you?

Again, I'm still not 100% sure we are talking about the same thing, but I think we are...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12