1.    #1  
    When I'm in the Phone screen, if I click on the "Web" icon to connect to the internet, my 700p sometimes gives me a white screen and then goes into a soft reset. If I click on Web again after the reset, it would work just fine. This problem happens randomly maybe 1 or 2 times out of every 10. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    When I'm in the Phone screen, if I click on the "Web" icon to connect to the internet, my 700p sometimes gives me a white screen and then goes into a soft reset. If I click on Web again after the reset, it would work just fine. This problem happens randomly maybe 1 or 2 times out of every 10. Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
    It is called the White Screen of Death. Don't feel especial it happens to most of us. Sometimes more than others.

Al
  3.    #3  
    I have seen the white screen of death a number of times. It would usually last for a good long few/several seconds...then usually followed by a soft reset...then the stupid Palm/Access message screen, blah, blah, blah.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Let's just hope that Palm will fix this issue others in the next firmware update. I believe the ETA for the firmware is about 2 months or so.

Al
    I've had this same issue once or twice. I've only had maybe 3 or 4 soft reboots since getting the phone so I've had reason to notice. The System Error Log (##377#) says the reset was caused while running "Phone". I'm on a Sprint Treo 700p.
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung
    .......Anyone else have this problem? Thanks.
    Yes. A better question is, "Anyone who has not experienced this problem?"
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray
    Yes. A better question is, "Anyone who has not experienced this problem?"
    Me.

This seems to be two separate problems. Many people experience the WSOD without resets. The WSOD appears whenever there is a memory access lag. For some they are quite long, for others they are quite short depending on 3-party apps used, expectations, previous experiences, etc.

I have no noticeable WSOD (< 1 sec) when switching to the Phone app. I have a 2-sec WSOD whenever I switch to Blazer, but it has never reset while entering Blazer. I have no noticeable WSOD when I exit Blazer unless I've selected the option to empty my cache before I exit, and then there is a lengthy WSOD, depending on how many MB the cache is clearing. But again, I have never had a reset exiting Blazer, no matter how long the WSOD was. And I've had long ones, as I've raised my Blazer cache limit to 8mb.