Global Posts
    232 Global Posts
    Anyone want to comment on the software differences in included software in the 700w vs the 700p? Specifically:

MP3 Ringtone program, graffiti program for text entry, word complete program for text entry drop down list.

Those are my 700w favorites. Does the P have anything like that?

Thanks for your help.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    OK here's what I know the differences are:

- 700p does not support MP3 ringtones out of the box. You can however get AAC tones using a little hack depending on Sprint or Verizon 700p.
    - 700w does have native MP3 ringtone support.

- Neither one has Graffiti program for text entry out of the box. It's all keyboard-based although for the 700p the "drivers" and software is all there, just there's no way to access it. I see however 3rd party software available for Graffitti-like text entry.

- 700p has a text-entry auto-complete feature for online forms and whatnot, the 700w does as well.
    Wordcomplete is no longer being supported by CIC the makers of Jot which is also no longer available. WordComplete was cleaner and a bit easier to use but doesn't work at all on the 700p (it puts out a double letter for each character typed; never found a solution). I much prefer TextPlus anyway which takes a bit of getting used to but remembers the frequency of use of words and phrases. There are several alternatives to Jot and Graffiti (Palm just paid 22 million to settle a lawsuit regarding Graffiti as I recall) which can be easily found by searching for Jot on this forum.
    You don't need to "hack" anything for AAC ringtones, just create the ringtone and use any Sprint uploader (I recommend Rumkin).