Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 27
  1.    #1  
    Yup, you read it...now what can I do about it? Do I need Quicktime (since I use mac that seems like the smarter choice) or windows Media Player.
    To keep you is no benefit....to destroy you don't matter - Tula

    Checkin' in so yall can check it out!!
  2. treoluv's Avatar
    Posts
    254 Posts
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    #2  
    Try Kinoma player 3 EX.
  3. #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthSound
    Yup, you read it...now what can I do about it? Do I need Quicktime (since I use mac that seems like the smarter choice) or windows Media Player.
    Install "The Core Pocket Media Player" (TCPMP) which is free. http://tcpmp.corecodec.org/about
  4. #4  
    O.K. Maybe Im a little confused, but when were we ever able to watch streaming videos on the 650? I thought this was one of the many reasons people upgraded to the 700.
  5. #5  
    Just FYI....TCPMP cannot decode AAC audio from Quicktime files....it will play the video, but not decode the audio....so it's ok if you like silent movies. Otherwise you'll need to pony up $20 for Kinoma 3 EX. TCPMP is free and works great for virtually any other video/audio format though. As far as "streaming" video goes, the only way I know of to have that is to get a subscription to MobiTV ($10/month).
  6. #6  
    Actually....just found this.....PocketDivxEncoder (free) can encode MP4 files (with AAC audio) into TCPMP playable AVI files. It's pretty quick too.
  7. kvcobra's Avatar
    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by thomasanderson
    O.K. Maybe Im a little confused, but when were we ever able to watch streaming videos on the 650? I thought this was one of the many reasons people upgraded to the 700.
    If you're confused, you're not alone. AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ &$quot$;$solutions$&$quot$; $offered$ $in$ $this$ $thread$ $will$ $play$ $only$ $stored$/$downloaded$ $video$ $from$ $the$ $card$, $not$ $streaming$ $video$ $from$ $the$ $web$.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

    Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  8. #8  
    i was just gonna say the same thing. I thought no streaming on 650.
  9. #9  
    Hmm Now I really want to know if there is streaming or not.. I Never got to the bottom of this..
  10. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    Hmm Now I really want to know if there is streaming or not.. I Never got to the bottom of this..
    2 steps to rectify this problem.

    1. Sell 650 on eBay
    2. Buy 700P


    Pretty simple.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    2 steps to rectify this problem.

    1. Sell 650 on eBay
    2. Buy 700P


    Pretty simple.
    Yea pretty simple ha, 1st. I don't have that kind of money, 2nd Cingular doesnt have 700p. 3rd, I don't have that kind of time, 4th. I like the 650 5th. I don't want the 700p.. Pretty simple ha......
  12. kvcobra's Avatar
    Posts
    446 Posts
    Global Posts
    450 Global Posts
    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    Yea pretty simple ha, 1st. I don't have that kind of money, 2nd Cingular doesnt have 700p. 3rd, I don't have that kind of time, 4th. I like the 650 5th. I don't want the 700p.. Pretty simple ha......
    NRG's point was that streaming video can't be done on the 650. I prefer the 650 too, but I recognize that this is one of the tradeoffs I'm making by sticking with the 650.
    ... Als sie mich holten, gab es keinen mehr, der protestieren konnte.
    ... Then they came for me, and there was no one left to speak out.
    -- Rev. Martin Niemöller

    Clie T615C + Nokia 6360 (SunCom) --> Treo 650 (Sprint) --> Treo 755p (Sprint) + BlackBerry 7130e (VZW)
    Palm (aka Plantronics) Ultralight Wireless headset
    Helix Holster
  13. #13  
    No streaming video on the 650 without using MobiTV (at $10/month).
  14. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    Yea pretty simple ha, 1st. I don't have that kind of money, 2nd Cingular doesnt have 700p. 3rd, I don't have that kind of time, 4th. I like the 650 5th. I don't want the 700p.. Pretty simple ha......
    Alot of points there, What I told you is the easiest way to get streaming video. There has been rumors that, maybe Kinoma will release a retail version. But, for now NO streaming video formats (i.e. WMV, 3GP, AVI) on the 650.
  15. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    No streaming video on the 650 without using MobiTV (at $10/month).
    True.
  16. #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by NRG
    Alot of points there, What I told you is the easiest way to get streaming video. There has been rumors that, maybe Kinoma will release a retail version. But, for now NO streaming video formats (i.e. WMV, 3GP, AVI) on the 650.

    Ok dude thanks for the info, Sorry but I was a little stressed when I wrote that comment..
  17. #17  
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    No streaming video on the 650 without using MobiTV (at $10/month).

    Isn't Mobi TV Really bad on these phones have you ever seen one with mobi TV on it. If any one has let me know. But then again that what I heard.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    Isn't Mobi TV Really bad on these phones have you ever seen one with mobi TV on it. If any one has let me know. But then again that what I heard.
    I watch mobitv on mine...its free with my plan because of the $10 download credit.

    I think its great...yeah the video is pretty choppy but when you are at the Dr office, on the bus, etc with some time to kill, I like watching espn or the news to catch up.
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    I watch mobitv on mine...its free with my plan because of the $10 download credit.

    I think its great...yeah the video is pretty choppy but when you are at the Dr office, on the bus, etc with some time to kill, I like watching espn or the news to catch up.
    I wish it was free for me but I can't afford the unlimited data plan and MOBI TV so I can't just get mobi TV and drop the data plan because it needs the data plan So you no..
  20. NRG
    NRG is offline
    NRG's Avatar
    Posts
    3,657 Posts
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    I wish it was free for me but I can't afford the unlimited data plan and MOBI TV so I can't just get mobi TV and drop the data plan because it needs the data plan So you no..
    What about Sprint TV, Isn't that like 15 dollars a month? I know MobiTV and Sprint TV are essentially the same thing, but someone want to chime in here that knows a little more than me.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions