Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    There's a new free "NFL Mobile" service for Sprint Vision and Power Vision subscribers. It looks really good.
    http://www.mobilitysite.com/2006/07/..._of_charge.php

Is it compatible with the 700p? Anyone know how to get it?
  2.    #2  
    Some more sites and info.

The links...
    http://www2.sprint.com/mr/news_dtl.do?id=12760
    http://www.sprintenterprise.com/NFL/

The rep says it should be compatible with the 700p, but he said so because it was recent tech and can do streaming. He said to send a text msg to 7777 with NFL in it. The sprint site says to send a text msg to 7777 with FANTASY in it. So I did both. We'll see what happens.

It is a free service with Power Vision, and it's supposed to include some NASCAR stuff also. May only be with Sprint because of their sponsorship of NASCAR and NFL.

I think the app looks kind of like Java from the screenshots, so if I receive a download, I may have to figure out how to install J2ME. Not all bad because that means I should be able to install Opera and other stuff also.

Let me know if someone else gets further with this than I do!
    i could not get it to work. :-( when i got the response from 7777 and tried to go to the URL, it said the app was not available for my device. if you get it to work, please let me know how. i'd love to try it. plus, maybe i could use that info to get the NHL Hockey mobile app to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh
    i could not get it to work. :-( when i got the response from 7777 and tried to go to the URL, it said the app was not available for my device. if you get it to work, please let me know how. i'd love to try it. plus, maybe i could use that info to get the NHL Hockey mobile app to work.
    ditto for me - I would take a guess that Treo's in general are not supported.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
  5.    #5  
    That could easily become more and more frustrating as "regular" cell phones get more special services for them that may not work on full-fledged smartphones. We pay more for the expensive phone because we "want it all". How annoying when there are really neat features that we are excluded from!

But hopefully someone can figure out how to make it work under j2me.
    I haven't even gotten the sms message response.

Do you have a url that can be shared? Maybe someone can extract the program and get it to work.
    same with Google's new live maps - does not work on a Treo. I agree, makes no sense! It took an hour or so to get the text message reply and I nuked the site after I found it did not work.
    It's not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent, but the one most responsive to change” - Darwin
    Link is http://gospv.com/fbs but, as mentioned above, you only get a message that the application is not available on your device
  8.    #8  
    Does anyone have Opera installed (over J2ME) who can give this a try?
    Just got a blank page in Opera Mini on my 650
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    Just got a blank page in Opera Mini on my 650
    Ditto on my 700p.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    ditto. :-(
    This stinks... what a sweet looking app -
    -jscott
  13.    #13  
    Surely the Treo is capable of running this service.

To get the app, I suppose (if you knew what you were doing) one could pull it off another phone, or make the Treo browser pretend it's another phone.

If it's a Java app, maybe it even might work as-is.
    Or if it's some other standard, maybe there's an emulator. Surely it would work for more than just this one application also.

I don't suppose anyone knows a Treo developer who loves football?!!!!
    Bump . . . somebody has to be able to get this to work! This would make my Fantasy Football life SO much easier!
    I'm in to pay $10 to the guy/gal that can make this happen... I really want to be able to take advantage of this service at EVDO speeds...

great for checking scores and fantasy updates thru-out the week
    -jscott
    I'd love to see this app somehow on the Treo 700p as well. I really assume that its Java, the problem is just getting the app.

I'm almost positive its Java, from what I understand almost all of Sprint's apps are Java. The problem is getting the files.
    Last edited by jhoff80; 09/07/2006 at 04:42 AM.
    This is getting ridiculous and I'm tempted to ditch the Treo and just get a normal multimedia capable phone so that I can take advantage of the really cool content that is available such as the NFL content among others. With the millions of people that play fantasy football that gets more popular year over year, how could Palm have missed this boat for so long?
    If you try to text "fantasy" to 7777 it says that it should be coming soon.Then it says to text "yes" to 7777 for updates when it becomes available.Tried it last night.Hope this helps
    This is so annoying, because I'm almost positive it would work on the Treo if Sprint just released the files to use for the IBM Java runtime.
    Does MobiTv have similar sport channel?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast