Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    When I sent a SMS to 77777 with NFL I get back a SMS that says to go to http://gospv.com/fbs to access to latest NFL products but the page seems to be down or not working. Any ideas?
    I went to my online account at Sprint and ordered it (it was free) and they sent me a text msg with a link and it downloaded just fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by AirData View Post
    When I sent a SMS to 77777 with NFL I get back a SMS that says to go to http://gospv.com/fbs to access to latest NFL products but the page seems to be down or not working. Any ideas?
    Open Blazer on your 700p, go to the default home page (Sprint) and follow the "Sports" link. It will be at the top of page as a featured (free) download.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobbert View Post
    I can also confirm what MarkY is pointing to... that on a reset it goes back to the NFL Mobile app instead of the phone app.

Not good, but surely it's easy to fix. I hope.
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkY View Post
    Actually, it starts the NFL app whenever you turn on the phone, no need for a reset to induce the behavior. I shut my phone off to run a Resco backup and when I turned it back on, the NFL app started.
    Is this a problem? Is waiting for this to get fixed recommended?
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    Is this a problem? Is waiting for this to get fixed recommended?
    It's more of an annoyance than a problem. I'm anxious to see how the app works during MNF tonight to decide whether I'd recommend it or not. As it stands currently I think it's a good app for the price and will keep it.

I saw a post in another thread where someone said they lost all of their Message threads but that didn't happen to me.
    Interesting that they threw together a website for the NFL Mobile application instead of a Palm native App or allowing palm devices to download the java app. Oh well, something is better than nothing.
    Former Sprint Treo 700p Owner, now Sprint Palm Pre- and HP Touchpad Owner.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by crawform View Post
    Open Blazer on your 700p, go to the default home page (Sprint) and follow the "Sports" link. It will be at the top of page as a featured (free) download.
    I went to the link and it said it was unavailable. Is this only available for the 700P? I do have the new Kinoma for my 600P but I guess it is only for the 700P.

Thanks,
    Found one more bug which has caused me to delete this app. If your Treo goes into a roaming state, the NFL app will launch when the Treo rejoins the Sprint network.

My commute on the subway causes me to bounce in and out of roaming a number of times and this application problem makes it really difficult to do anything else on the Treo.

Hopefully they get this fixed because it otherwise looks like a cool program if you are an NFL fan.
    I haven't seen the problem of the app launching itself following a reset. Seems to work fine (I forced resets using mreset) The only wacky thing so far is that setting up alerts from within the app times out before they can be set.
    --Steve

Visor-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 800W-->Palm Pre-->HP Touchpad

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Twitter: @dslunceford
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    Can someone post the app, please?
    Downloaded the app...then the thought occurred to me: this "app" is just a stub/link to the website. Sure enough, works just fine without the "app" if you just go to the URL. Solves issues startup after reset and roaming issues.

1. Sign up for NFL Network (free) via your Sprint account page.
    2. Follow download link to SMS sent to you
    3. Download and run app
    4. Add Bookmark in Blazer
    5. Delete app

It looks like you have to go through this process to somehow authenticate your browser (just going to the URL without having downloaded the app does not seem to work).
    Last edited by acousticbiker; 11/14/2006 at 12:23 PM.
  12.    #52  
    Quote Originally Posted by dslunceford View Post
    I haven't seen the problem of the app launching itself following a reset. Seems to work fine (I forced resets using mreset) The only wacky thing so far is that setting up alerts from within the app times out before they can be set.
    How did you do your install? And when? Do you have the phone already on when you reset (so that it tries to turn the phone back on)?

I wish I could get mine to work that way. It's a little annoying to have the app start up with the phone (when I'm usually in a hurry to do something else).

Also, does anyone know what number to call or email address to request a fix? If enough people tell them how wonderful it is and make a bug report, maybe they'll fix it. (But too much negativity and they might decide the Treo isn't worth the effort!)

@AirData... if you have Sprint and go to the web site listed earlier (http://gospv.com/fbs) you should be able to download it to memory. Choose download and open, and then answer "yes" when it asks you whether or not to accept it into applications.
    Global Posts
    192 Global Posts
    @AirData... if you have Sprint and go to the web site listed earlier (http://gospv.com/fbs) you should be able to download it to memory. Choose download and open, and then answer "yes" when it asks you whether or not to accept it into applications.
    When I go there on my Treo 600 it says it is not available for this device. Do you know if it only works with newer Treos? That is why I was asking for it to be posted. I wanted to give it a try on my 600. Oh well.
  14.    #54  
    I think the download file may be the installer, so you probably would need to get it from someone who downloads it and copies the file before they run it.
    How did you do your install? And when? Do you have the phone already on when you reset (so that it tries to turn the phone back on)?
    over the air, downloading from sprint apps portal yesterday afternoon. And I just tested again and am getting the error (swear I didn't see last night)...though with a twist...I get dumped into blazer, but no page comes up.
    Last edited by dslunceford; 11/14/2006 at 01:16 PM.
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    OK, did another reset and Blazer did not launch, strange...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    And now the "app" seems to be causing resets. Launced it, went to the site and got a reset. This has happened three times in a row. I was able to bookmark the URL, however. Will be removing the app itself and see if Blazer continues to reset...
    --Steve

My DVD Collection
    My Media Room
    GovTwit Directory
    Downloaded the app, opened it and saved the url in bookmarks (also created a sharklink.) I then deleted the app, and as stated above the url still works on my Treo650
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by acousticbiker View Post
    Downloaded the app...then the thought occurred to me: this "app" is just a stub/link to the website. Sure enough, works just fine without the "app" if you just go to the URL. Solves issues startup after reset and roaming issues.

1. Sign up for NFL Network (free) via your Sprint account page.
    2. Follow download link to SMS sent to you
    3. Download and run app
    4. Add Bookmark in Blazer
    5. Delete app
    Good idea acoustic, this seems to work, and it even retains personalized settings (favorite team). I admit, though, that I kinda liked the look of the NFL logo icon on my Treo.

One warning -- after deleting the app I noticed my card had become unseated (first time since the first month of use) when TomTom did not automatically start after soft reset. Ejecting and re-inserting fixed that though.
    I am looking forward to another rollercoaster year with the Bears... so I wanted to check out the nfl app I used last year... click on it... then blazer fires up and nothing. just a black screen... I tried this on my other sprint phone... no problems it calls it up just fine. are they blocking the Treo's or am I doing something wrong?
    Thanks....
    Its always interesting on Twitter @joelb
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast