1.    #1  
    I purchased an adapter from Best Buy, I think the brand is "Just Wireless" and it is very similar to the Seidio 2 in 1 in that it is an adapter from 3.5mm to 2.5mm as well as it has a mic and button on it with retractable cord. The problem I seem to be having is when I have this plugged into the Treo 650 and use my Shure headphones (or any for that matter) I get sound out of both earphones but it doesn't appear to be in stereo. I use Pocket Tunes and the stereo slider just reduces sound in both earphones. When I plug in a cheap pair of 2.5mm phone/stereo headset, I get stereo just fine. So I guess that means this adapter isn't capable of stereo or I am missing a setting in the Treo? I bought this at Best Buy and I thought it said stereo adapter and it is meant to plug in your headphones but maybe it doesn't do this. I went to the Seidio site and looked at the 2 in 1 retractable and I couldn't find the description as stereo either. Any suggestions or does anyone have any experience with this adapter (the Just Wireless, not the Seidio)? Do you see the same behavior? Thanks in advance.
  2.    #2  
    I did a search initially and didn't get a lot of info back but after some more research in the forums I think I ound my answer. Its either the adapter (probably needs the impendence adapter) or the combo. Looks like many others have the same issues while others have success with the same setup so I am first going to try a new adapter, the one from Insten before I spring for the Seidio. I probably would just go for the all in one unit from Shure but will test first. Does anybody have good stereo with the Insten and headphones? Thanks.
    I know this doesn't help much, but I would return the BB unit and purchase the Seidio adapter online. Get the one that plugs into the hotsync port instead of the audio jack. Works perfectly and they ship fast, too. And yes, it's 3.5mm.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    I guess you guys are talking about this adapter:
    http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....=1128337448397

I got it and got very disappointed - it's MONO!. It only has 3 rings on the plug. Stereo plug must have 4:

1. Ground
    2. Right
    3. Left
    4. Microphone
    I also use pocket tunes to listen to OverDrive books and music.
    Wire less ear phones are not compatible with Overdrive books. 650 manual clearly states that 2.5mm port is not stereo and when plugged sound comes out out of only one ear.

Seido does make an adopter 2.5 to 3.5 mm that plugs in to the Sync Port. It works well with stero out put. The draw back is that the connecting wire is very soft within three weeks it fell a part. If the adopter fits in to the SYnc port and 3.5 mm ear phones directly plug in to the adopter with out a wire it will work better. I did write to Seido but no response.
    Yeah that adapter from Best buy is Mono Thats what got me into buying a bluetooth headset. I realized that a good stereo headset for the Treo will cost me at least $50... why not buy the S9 BT headset for about the same price?

It sounds much better though than the included headset on the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by ppreddy1990 View Post
    I also use pocket tunes to listen to OverDrive books and music.
    Wire less ear phones are not compatible with Overdrive books. 650 manual clearly states that 2.5mm port is not stereo and when plugged sound comes out out of only one ear.

Seido does make an adopter 2.5 to 3.5 mm that plugs in to the Sync Port. It works well with stero out put. The draw back is that the connecting wire is very soft within three weeks it fell a part. If the adopter fits in to the SYnc port and 3.5 mm ear phones directly plug in to the adopter with out a wire it will work better. I did write to Seido but no response.
    Preddy,

All emails are typically responded to within 24-48 hours. Can you resend your email to forum@seidio.com so I can look into this for you?

Thanks,