Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Earlier in this forum there have been some threads from a spammer about cheap Treo's etc. Eg a Treo 650 for $180.

I mailed the guy and got an answer. Is this a scam or for real?
    He is located in UK and I in Sweden, so it isn't possible for me to look at the Treo before I buy it. Anyone that wants to help out?
    ========================
    Andreas Carlsson, Borås, Sweden
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.
    "If It Weren't For The United States Military"
    "There Would Be NO United States of America"
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cardio
    If it sounds too good to be true, it probably is too good to be true.
    Yeah, I know. I am tempted though...

He lives in Swansea he says.

If we look at it this way: Where can I find the cheapest GSM Unlocked 650? In Sweden we still have to pay $550 for these...
    ========================
    It's a scam for sure and I bet you he lives in Africa. Not Swansea.

If you plan on kissing $180 goodbye then please send them my way. At least I can do some good with it. :P
    Sounds like he's selling refurbs...not new ones. If you decide to try, make sure you pay with some service that has protection where you can contest the purchase and get your money back if things go sour....like PayPal or your Credit Card.
    Where is his spam ad? Is he asking for a Western Union money transfer?
    It is b00l****. He is definitely from Africa and won't send you anything. Let me guess, as a payment method he accepts Western Union? There are a lot of such suckerrs on Alibaba.com or any other marketplace.
    Don't. Just don't. Save your money.

I sell diamonds. Flawless. $60 per carat. Send yer money and I'll bring them right over.

I sell Mercedes Benz cars. $6,000, any model. Send your money and I'll drive it to your house. Free tank of gas.

I sell real estate. Two bedroom apartment, midtown Manhattan. $17,000. Send your money and I will mail you the keys and tell you the address.

Etc.

I sell common sense. Send me $250 and you'l learn your first lesson
    Never....and I mean NEVER....pay for anything you buy over the net with Western Union.
    Global Posts
    259 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Tastypeppers
    Don't. Just don't. Save your money.

I sell diamonds. Flawless. $60 per carat. Send yer money and I'll bring them right over.

I sell Mercedes Benz cars. $6,000, any model. Send your money and I'll drive it to your house. Free tank of gas.

I sell real estate. Two bedroom apartment, midtown Manhattan. $17,000. Send your money and I will mail you the keys and tell you the address.

Etc.

I sell common sense. Send me $250 and you'l learn your first lesson
    go for it.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    Never....and I mean NEVER....pay for anything you buy over the net with Western Union.
    Well... I would not be so categorical. For example if I was about to buy or sell something WU would be the most convenient form for me. As Paypal is not functioning here. Just BE CAREFUL in this situation because most scammers use it.
    While this is likely a scam, what bothers me is that anyone buys from spammers. This is the reason millions and millions of us get spam clogging our in-boxes, because there's the occasional guy who actually sends money to them.

I want spammers to expect absolutely zero response from their crap.
    Global Posts
    595 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by PatrickS
    While this is likely a scam, what bothers me is that anyone buys from spammers. This is the reason millions and millions of us get spam clogging our in-boxes, because there's the occasional guy who actually sends money to them.

I want spammers to expect absolutely zero response from their crap.
    I just wonder why the hell it continues.

My Gmail spam box is clogged with sh-t from Korea, Russia, France, Italy and China. I was originally funny that some was in Korean, but now I just want to go there and start putting holes in each of the people responsible.

carlsson -- Please don't buy a Treo via spam.
    Global Posts
    41 Global Posts
    I won't buy anything from that guy, it's too cheap to be true.

Since the original ad was on this forum I thought (or "hoped" is a better word) it had some kind of legitimate value..

Thanks anyway!
    ========================