1.    #1  
    Is there an SMS program that will connect through my data connection on the 700p, and eliminate getting billed from sprint for SMS traffic?
    New Treo 700P Sprint User
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    toccer
  3.    #3  
    Toccer is for AIM connectivity. I already have it (great freeware). I am looking for a program that works when someone messages, my phone number.
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    i think even if you have a program that does that for outgoing sms, when people reply back, they are going to reply to your ph# so the sms is going to go thru your phone not the data connection.
    well that is cutting the cost in half. don't think there are any programs for this yet but you can always use blazer to open up a text messaging site. it looks like you are with sprint... it's pretty easy to haggle 500 text msgs / month out of them for free.
    thats too much hastle i average about 4500 txts a month , and trust me the $15 for unlimited is well worth it for me i did used to have a granfathered $5 a month unlimited txt but lost it when i opened a new account with sprint,i think sprint has the best plans overall.
    rick you can still get the reps to sign you up for the 500txt messages credit and keep the unlimited. so essentially it'l be $15 - $8 = $7/month for unlimited, pretty close to your old grandfathered plan. I have also seen people get lucky and get a $15 credit for unlimited messages, but I think they may have removed that code.
    I have unlimited text messages with Sprint, it's something that can often be negotiated, particulary with the Retentions staff (which is what I did).
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    or you could go to this web site: http://i500.nopdesign.com/apps.esiml and down load sms textmessenger, it is a good program, it is free it uses your data connection, the only problem with it is that it will disconect your data when you leave the program, I thought that was kind of a pain, but I used it for quite a wile, now I have no idea if it will work on the 700, I used it on the 650 with no problems what so ever, it was written for the Samsung I500.
    I hope this helps
    Terry
  10.    #10  
    Tmair:

Thanks, This program was exactly what I was looking for.
    Old Treo 600 Sprint User
    Global Posts
    637 Global Posts
    textmessenger works but it is a pain.

g-funkster, did you get unlimited text forever or does it expire in 1 year?
    unlimited txt msgs is not an option w verizon - (only as a verizon to verizon option) and I wish the would offer it - it's probably the reason I will be switching providers when my contract is up.
    usually 2 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by estroh
    textmessenger works but it is a pain.

g-funkster, did you get unlimited text forever or does it expire in 1 year?
    I explicitly asked this of the retentions official, he said as long as my plan doesn't change (which it hadn't up until I got the 700p), it will not expire. And if it does, I'll just call back and someone else will hook it up, it's no biggy.
    My Freebie Java Widgets (Compatible with 650, 680, 700p & 755p)
    HourlyXCast - Hourly & 7 Day Forecasts! Weather Graphics, Radar Images & Alerts. "When 'PM Showers' just doesn't cut it"
    - RottenTomatoMeter - Movie Ratings, Reviews, Showtimes for New Movies & DVDs
    - TV2Nite - Calendar Events for your Favorite TV Shows!
    Global Posts
    379 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Demo
    Tmair:

Thanks, This program was exactly what I was looking for.
    I take it it works on the 700 then, great, until I got one heck of a deal from Sprint on my texting I used that program all the time, for the most part just texting my kids to find out where they were and such, but as long as you werent expecting a call it was great for a coversation, one thing though if you have it on and your connection goes idle and some one tries to call it will take time to disconnect from the internet before it will let you answer the call, dont know why it doesnt do the same thing when a message comes in but it doesnt.
    Terry