1.    #1  
    I don't know why I haven't noticed this but when I go to sites with streaming content, there is usually a little play icon that streams it using the internal video app. The play button that appears on the site is that of the internal player also. Kinda cool. I almost got some of the streaming to work from ebaumsworld but the bandwidth requirements were too high. I think in a lot of respects streaming and multimedia on the 700p is way better than the WM5 PPC6700 I once had! Now if only the internal player had the ability to keep playing streams after I exited this would be even cooler, also if QT was better supported...
    bit_bucket
    When streaming audio you should be given the option to open the stream in Pocket Tunes. If you select that option, you will be able to stream in the background.
    The pic is of my 4-year old big boy with Benny the Bull at a Bulls game

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    When streaming audio you should be given the option to open the stream in Pocket Tunes. If you select that option, you will be able to stream in the background.
    Really?
    First of all, I know I can stream via PTunes if I put in the URL manually there. But are you saying that when I click on an URL in Blazer that points to a streaming audio content I will be presented with a choice of Kinoma vs PTunes? If so, would you let me know how to enable this as I never saw this.

Thanks!
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Really?
    First of all, I know I can stream via PTunes if I put in the URL manually there. But are you saying that when I click on an URL in Blazer that points to a streaming audio content I will be presented with a choice of Kinoma vs PTunes? If so, would you let me know how to enable this as I never saw this.

Thanks!
    It may depend on the type of stream, but as an example, I stream NPR on my Treo. If you go to www.chicagopublicradio.org, you'll see a link that says "MP3Live". If you click on that link, an option will automatically appear giving you the option to either play it in Blazer, or open it in Pocket Tunes. You can play it in Blazer, but, as you know if you go to a different application you'll lose the connection. Clicking on "Open Pocket Tunes" allows you to listen to it in the background. Maybe it's because of the format they use, but that option always comes up for me.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Big Tone
    It may depend on the type of stream, but as an example, I stream NPR on my Treo. If you go to www.chicagopublicradio.org, you'll see a link that says "MP3Live". If you click on that link, an option will automatically appear giving you the option to either play it in Blazer, or open it in Pocket Tunes. You can play it in Blazer, but, as you know if you go to a different application you'll lose the connection. Clicking on "Open Pocket Tunes" allows you to listen to it in the background. Maybe it's because of the format they use, but that option always comes up for me.
    Thanks for the tip. I tried the "MP3Live" link in www.chicagopublicradio.org and indeed I was presented with a choice. But as you said, I bet this behavior depends on the content type. For instance, if you go to www.thestreamcenter.com/pda and just randomly click on a radio station (in WMP?), only Kinoma is launched.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    Thanks for the tip. I tried the "MP3Live" link in www.chicagopublicradio.org and indeed I was presented with a choice. But as you said, I bet this behavior depends on the content type. For instance, if you go to www.thestreamcenter.com/pda and just randomly click on a radio station (in WMP?), only Kinoma is launched.
    You could manually load them in Pocket Tunes and then add it as a bookmark to cut down on the steps every time you want to listen to a particular station and still have background play. Other than that I don't know what you could do. Someone else may have a better idea.

Baby girl due 5/22/08!