Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    http://www.tcpmp.com/

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7141

I hope this makes up some of the shortcomings of the Kinoma Player on the 700p...
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    http://www.tcpmp.com/

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7141

I hope this makes up some of the shortcomings of the Kinoma Player on the 700p...
    www.tcpmp.com now redirects to www.coreplayer.com
    Will the free copys we have now still work or will we have to buy a new copy?
    Why wouldn't it?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    most betas stop working or are limited after the product goes live.
    The free copy will continue to work, that is TCPMP will continue to work as is. Also of note is that TCPMP is licensed under the GPL, so you can even request the source code if you really want it. Not sure how they will work this in with their CorePlayer. Unless they are rewriting the whole thing from scratch, if it uses GPL code they will still have to make available the source code for free (though they don't have to offer the compiled version free).

If it's well put together and has some nice added features (EQ, etc..) I'd be willing to pony up some money for a slick mediaplayer. I've loved TCPMP, and have no problem supporting their work by getting the paid for version (I've paid money to Redhat why not others..)
    True, I have used TCPMP and is probally my most important program so I would have no problem eventually paying them for the new version . I just got laid off from work so I ws only asking as I am not sure I would be able to purchase said software but once I get back on my feet I will definetly buy it. It made my train rides to Manhattan to work go buy very fast watching tv shows and movies.
    Quote Originally Posted by D-Caf
    TAlso of note is that TCPMP is licensed under the GPL, so you can even request the source code if you really want it. Not sure how they will work this in with their CorePlayer. Unless they are rewriting the whole thing from scratch, if it uses GPL code they will still have to make available the source code for free (though they don't have to offer the compiled version free).
    That's not true. To my understanding, if they incorporate any proprietary code they do not have to release the source. Many companies who embed Linux into their devices do the same thing. They write a proprietary user environment and then say they do not have to release the source...

Well whatever they do....they've done a great job so far. I would HATE to pay for an update, but it would be worth every penny....
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    That's not true. To my understanding, if they incorporate any proprietary code they do not have to release the source. Many companies who embed Linux into their devices do the same thing. They write a proprietary user environment and then say they do not have to release the source...
    There is lots of debate in the OSS community about this. Generally, the companies release the mods they make directly to the OS. If they mod anything that directly hooks into the kernel, they _should_ release that as open.

Stuff they make on their own, that stands alone, is usually considered their own IP and kept confidential. That way many apps that run on Linux (which is GPL'ed or LGPL'ed or whatever this week) can be sold as commercial applications without violating the GPL.
    The folks at TCPMP are going to come out with two players

BetaPlayer - will continue to be free, and as far as I know, for PalmOS as well
    CorePlayer - this will be the free player but have more features (my guess is that it will include AVC and AAC support - these will not be available in BetaPlayer)
    does tcpmp play .wma files?
    Fred
    Cingular 680
    Anyone have a clue as to when we will be seeing the new "final" release in the wild?
    I can't wait to buy it. I think the beta version is great and it sounds like it will blow away Ptunes when it finally comes out. You can be sure I will be paying for a full version.
    Global Posts
    734 Global Posts
    Anyone know if tcpmp audio is compatable with bluetooth?
    I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...

Roi Batty

palm IIIe(clear plastic)/m130/Tungsten E/Sprint Treo 650/Treo 755p
    Any news on when to expect the release?
    I have this error, when playing movie...
    Error:
    Player:MPEG4 AAC
    Audio decoder not
    included! It was
    removed from the
    official install package
    because of intellectual
    property
    considerations.

Movie works, but no sound...
    What I'm missing?
    Here is a picture of Corplayer on the 680, I wonder if it's going to be bundled, or if they just loaded it for the presentation. I found it on this webiste:

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...80_in_my_.html
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by vlad92 View Post
    I have this error, when playing movie...
    Error:
    Player:MPEG4 AAC
    Audio decoder not
    included! It was
    removed from the
    official install package
    because of intellectual
    property
    considerations.

Movie works, but no sound...
    What I'm missing?
    You are missing the ACC plug-in which they had to remove from the installation folder for propriterary reasons. It's available online somewhere if you search for it though
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
    Quote Originally Posted by albertb View Post
    Here is a picture of Corplayer on the 680, I wonder if it's going to be bundled, or if they just loaded it for the presentation. I found it on this webiste:

http://www.tunjiafonja.com/tunjis_we...80_in_my_.html
    My guess is he created the basic skin for the new version of TCPMP or got an advanced copy of the new release to skin it.

Doubt it will be bundled, he probably brought it along on an SD card
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast