1.    #1  
    Does anyone know if there are any more Black Tie 650's still available?

Apparently the online Palm store does not have any more.
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Start calling the retail stores. I called and got mine over the phone from one of the Atlanta retail stores. I can't seem to get Palm to repair it though!
    Quote Originally Posted by badgermac
    Start calling the retail stores. I called and got mine over the phone from one of the Atlanta retail stores. I can't seem to get Palm to repair it though!
    Can't you just do a case swap with your 650. That way your hardware will work and it will look like a black tie. It's a better solution than hating Palm for all of eternity
    Last edited by FrozenCode; 07/27/2006 at 10:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    Does anyone know if there are any more Black Tie 650's still available?

Apparently the online Palm store does not have any more.
    The Palm Store in Newark Airport (NJ) recently had about 5 on display. You might try a Palm store in your local airport.

-B
  5.    #5  
    I need a GSM version anyway. Mine is a Sprint phone and Sprint won't activate service without a contract and ETF. (Even if I don't take a phone from them!) So ... no business for Sprint.

Don't I need a ticket to get to the airport retail stores?
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
    Quote Originally Posted by driven01
    I need a GSM version anyway. Mine is a Sprint phone and Sprint won't activate service without a contract and ETF. (Even if I don't take a phone from them!) So ... no business for Sprint.

Don't I need a ticket to get to the airport retail stores?
    Not usually. They might even be willing to take a phone order. Wouldn't hurt to try.

-B
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I got mine on a phone order from the Hartsfield Airport Terminal "B" Palm Store in Atlanta. They took the order and shipped 3-day Fedex.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The only draw-back is that you have to go through Palm support if it is defective. I got mine on the 9th and finally got Palm to do a repair order for it, shipped it out today. the Navigator key stopped working for "down", something my original 650 did when I got back in '04. I wonder if they're recycling older refurb units and recasing them. It wouldn't surprise me.