Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Curious if anyone has had an insurance replacement yet and what they have received back.
    Global Posts
    598 Global Posts
    Not a chance. I'm sure they still have plenty of 650s in their warehouse. You won't see 700p's as replacements until the 650s are no longer sold and have been gone for a while.

Joe
    and I hear they still have some 600s
    visor deluxe->clie n760->treo 300->treo 600->treo 650 -> treo 700p -> treo 755p
    What about if you are trying to replace a 700p? Is that the model you are getting in return or is it a 650? Anyone with any experience with that?
    You should get the same model or a comparable replacement. I don't think a 650 is considered comparable to the 700.. I am sure someone with more knowledge of lockline can confirm or deny this one.

i got a 600 from them a month ago.
    Palm III -> Palm IV -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755p
    Lockline is not out to lose money, they have truckloads left of 650's ,and they do have 700's to replace any broken 700's but if you think your going to get a 700 because you broke your 650 good luck , make sure you bring lots of food and water becasue you will be waiting for a long time. i know people with 600's that have gotten it replaced with other 600's not even a 650
    There are a few people who have gotten 700's as 650 replacements, but keep in mind the word is few. The chances of getting a 700 instead of a refurb 650 are pretty slim.
    My 650 was replaced by a new 700p at a sprint store.
    HAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one is going to believe that. Did they through in a Corvette to replace your Chevette and two coked up supermodels to replace your girlfriend. oh yeah, I think I read about that in your whole other 2 lifetime posts, Mr WOODY or Mr. COX, or Mr. BIRD! LOLROTF
    ROOTING for WebOS makes me more sympathetic to Cubs fans.
    I could see a CARRIER who has discontinued the 650 replacing a 650 that is still under manufacturer warranty with a 700p. (bought in last several months before 700p was released) But no way Lockline is doing it.
    I have been a sprint guy a long time but I doubht that helped. They wasted 2 hours of my time trying to figure out what was wrong with my phone and calling other stores looking for a 650 for me. In the two hours I sat waiting they had a couple other issues and I think the guy was just beat down when he came back to me. I had to be one of the first few hundred to buy the 650 so its not like my old phone was new. What he did not know is I was ready to buy the 700 and tell him to send a referb 650 to the house where it would have become ebay fodder.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-C
    HAHAHAHAHAHaHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! No one is going to believe that. Did they through in a Corvette to replace your Chevette and two coked up supermodels to replace your girlfriend. oh yeah, I think I read about that in your whole other 2 lifetime posts, Mr WOODY or Mr. COX, or Mr. BIRD! LOLROTF
    One of my best friends had his 650 replaced in the store with a brand new 700. That was about 2 or 3 weeks ago.
    If they replaced it at the store then it was under manufacturer warranty and Sprint gave you a new phone - not Lockline - not the extended insurance - as per the original question. "What is Lockline replacing with?" So it was not replaced by Lockline who would ship a refurbed 650 or similar model to the house for a $10 deductible, $50 if water was involved. Lockline would not be sending 700p's. Sprint might replace with one because they have to give you one at the store and they have discontinued the 650 from their product line. But Lockline is a separate insurance compnay.
    If they replaced it at the store then it was under manufacturer warranty and Sprint gave you a new phone - not Lockline - not the extended insurance - as per the original question. "What is Lockline replacing with?" So it was not replaced by Lockline who would ship a refurbed 650 or similar model to the house for a $10 deductible, $50 if water was involved. Lockline would not be sending 700p's. Sprint might replace with one because they have to give you one at the store and they have discontinued the 650 from their product line. But Lockline is a separate insurance compnay.
    I highly doubt that they replaced it because of the manufacturer's warranty as Sprint no longer gives replacements under the manufacturer's warranty - you have to go to the manufacturer.
    Sprint has its OWN warranty for their phones, and it's a year.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    Sprint does NOT warrant any phone and does NOT do ANY free warranty work.

If one has ESRP there is no charge to repair or replace the phone. We cannot repair liquid damage or damage beyond repair.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
    I didn't have any extended plan or anything, in fact I had a treo I bought off ebay. Went to the sprint store when I had some dead pixels, and they swapped them out. He said I hadn't had it for a year yet, so it was alright.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p
    You'll go a long way to make it sound like you're right Face it, some 650's have been replaced with 700's.
    Blackboxsocial,

When did that happen?

If it was before 1/2/06 that was the policy. It changed after that.

Do you carry the $3 or $6/month insurence? If so and it was after 1/2 that's why it was swapped.

If it was done after 1/2 and you didn't have insurance count yourself VERY lucky because asfter that date Sprint no longer does warranty work...period.
    Visor Platinum-->Visor NEO--->M505--->Treo 300 Sprint--->Treo 600---> TREO 650 ---> Treo 700P ---> Treo 755 --->Touch Diamond--->Touch Pro ---> Palm Pre
    Check out the expert judges at http//:mobileappsshowdown.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast