Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    So I was one of the suckers who got a Black Tie Treo, purchased at one of the retail stores as I flew through Atlanta. The Navigator button failed. I called Palm Support. They want me to fly back to Atlanta to exchange it.

Palm Support directed me to online sales, who said they couldn't process anything unless it was purchased online. Palm's "tech support" directed me back to online sales (without letting me know, doing a transfer while I was on hold) THREE TIMES!

I am STILL on hold. ONe of the times they said they'd do an exchange but not for a Black Tie. When I protested, I got put on hold and redirected to sales.

Morons.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Sidenote:

Online sales can't exchange. Support can't exchange or even REPAIR! I have a backup Cingular Treo so I would take a repair if they would even attempt it! if they would take it and repair I'd be fine, I don't need a new one, I'll take this one.
    Can you file a complaint with your credit card company? Withhold payment until satisfied.
    Palm user since 1999-04-16: III > IIIx > Vx > Sony N610c > SJ33 > Treo 650 GSM > Centro CDMA
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Good call, I'll do it.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well the knuckleheads that were acting as Palm Support finally after 5 calls got a service order ticket opened for me. It's been awhile since I've dealt with such crappy service. First call they directed me back to a sales number, but it turned out to be online sales and since this was a store order they couldn't help me. I called back to Tech Support (call #3 in total) and they reviewed the ticket and told me to return it to the place of purchase. I asked them if they were going to supply the airfare so I could. She put me on hold, and all of a sudden I was transferred to online sales again. Call #4 had me back with the original person taking the call, and she disconnected me (can't say if it was done intentionally or not, so I wont' use conjecture here). 5th call gave me someone with a clue, had me on hold about 10 minutes, they finally said they could open a repair ticket.

I guess I'm used to Apple service, since they send a box with label, etc. for Applecare repairs. For Palm I had to ship it on my own dime, even though I purchased it on the 9th of July. This will teach me to buy at a retail outlet when passing through (Airport Palm retail store in Atlanta and I live in the midwest).

My only worry is that I hope it actually is just repaired and comes back a Black Tie and not some regular GSM Treo. If it does come back as a non black-tie I'm goign to flip
    Global Posts
    293 Global Posts
    You should add a poll to this thread so we can vote on the kind of Treo we think you are going to get back
    Safety and happiness can only come from individuals, classes, and nations being honest and fair and kind to each other.
    - C.S. Lewis
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I wish I could find a way to add a poll. I'm a tech geek, this is embarassing!

If I do get back a non-black tie I'm goign to wig out on 'em. Ed's office is getting a call. I can be quite neurotic!
    ever since they moved palm support to the Phillipine it went downhill. We should contact palm and request support to be moved back to the US. God knows they are not passing the savings they are making to the customers, the 700 MSRP is $644
    Treoing & Loving it
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    The Phillipines! Ahh! That makes sense - the accent, the inability to understand what I was trying to tell them, etc.

I'm all for a global economy, but if you wanna do business here you'd better make sure you know how to communicate with us.

All I know is that I Feel naked without my Treo - I've got my Nokia flip and my Palm T|X sub'ing in for the Treo, but it's not the same!
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well I got the Treo back, and it's my same Black Tie.

Problem #1 - the Navigator button when pushing down doens't have much of a "click" to it, much like my original 650 at launch. My Cingular Branded 650 purchased last October doesn't have that problem after heavy use.

Problem #2 - It wasn't like this pre-shipment, but now I feel some movement with the battery compartment case door. IT's not tight. It bugs the snot out of me! I know I put a small piece of tape in on the inside of my CIngular Treo by the Pen slot to hold the pen in and tighten the case, but I wonder WTF these morons did in Pharr, TX to my Treo!

Not sure what bottom-feeders worked on my unit, but they sure didn't do a good job. I've sent a couple letters to the Palm Corporate office pleading for mercy, but not sure what i Can do at this point anymore. SEVERE disappointment in Palm right now...
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well I called Palm Corporate Support today and talked to a nice gentleman who's doing an "advanced exchange" (I believe that was the term) for a different (probably new since there will be few refurb) Black ties. I should get the email tonight or tomorrow with a shipment notice of my "new" unit.
    Quote Originally Posted by badgermac
    Well I called Palm Corporate Support today and talked to a nice gentleman who's doing an "advanced exchange" (I believe that was the term) for a different (probably new since there will be few refurb) Black ties. I should get the email tonight or tomorrow with a shipment notice of my "new" unit.
    "GREAT TO HEAR" But sorry you had to go through all that trouble let us no what happens..
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well it's now the 14th. the replacement treo hasn't shipped yet. I haven't gotten an email from Palm showing any information. Ship date was to be last Friday. Called today, got some gentlemen who had a bit of a problem with english. Was supposed to call back by end of business today, but nothing as of yet. Supervisors must all be on vacation since the inmates seem to be running the asylum (and not working).
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    I've sort of hijacked the board for my saga. Apologies for those who find this boring and unnecessary. I got a call back after my 2nd call and they've given me a DHL tracking number, they are manually sending me a BT now and it should leave tonight or tomorrow. HOpefully this will end the saga.
    Good Luck Badgermac.
    well?
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Well the replacement Black Tie Treo arrived today. It was a unit that had a back battery cover and simcard tray (no stylus) so I suspect it may have been a new one vs. refurb. I'm syncing my Cingular unit right now before swapping SIMS and doing a Hotsync.

one question for people - my Cingular Treo's navigator button - when I click down I get the same tactile feeling I get when I go left, right, or up. On my original Black Tie and on this new one the down doexsn't give me much of a tactile click. It's there, but not by much. I remember this being an issue with my original ATTWS Treo way back when I got it in mid-2004, but not the Cingular one I have now that I got in November 2005. Thoughts?
    I just got a replacement GSM unlocked from Palm - "Advanced Exchange" my a**. Old Treo had a bad keyboard. New replacement seems to work fine, but down on the 5-way is not very strong. Left right and up feel much more solid.
    Factory unlocked/unbranded GSM 650 - Tmobile; FW: 1.71; SW: 1.20-ENA; Carrier DB: 255; HW: A

If I'm repeating what someone has already said look at how long the thread is and ask yourself if you really expect me to read the whole thing.
    Global Posts
    50 Global Posts
    Ok well then it's not just me. Down on the directional is weak.
    Global Posts
    443 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by rbenjami
    I just got a replacement GSM unlocked from Palm - "Advanced Exchange" my a**. Old Treo had a bad keyboard. New replacement seems to work fine, but down on the 5-way is not very strong. Left right and up feel much more solid.
    hey ben...how much did u pay for ur advanced exchange? $199?.... I actually made athread yester with some problem with treo and that's y need to know from u...thanxxx
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast