Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Treonauts has a very favourable review. Anybody here tried - opinions ? Wondering just how securely it holds the Treo
    http://shop.treonauts.com/content/ac.../4-24--907.htm
    That looks exactly like the POS Verizon holster. If it is identical avoid it like the plague, unless you like your phone bouncing off the deck on a regular basis.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I just received mine yesterday. I do like the smooth rubber feel of the holder. I use E-grips so I was a little concerned how it would work in the holster. Just like the review here on TC, make sure you hear a SNAP to lock the treo in place, otherwise it will come out fairly easily. Once you hear the snap it is very secure. I also like the fact that one tiny corner of the holder keeps the sd card from ejecting. I originally used a SENA horizontal pouch. I love the quality of the SENA but it does have a wider profile making it easier to knock off of your belt. I am extremely happy with the quality of this holster. I'm sure it is nothing like the Verizon holster mentioned above.
    Hmm. Do you think it would work with the bestskinsever skin? Foes it latch onto the little indentation by the SD card? Does it scratch off the paint of the speaker off icon?
    yes it works with the bse skin (sort of)...i used this holster (verizon branded) for a bit. the problem was that the hoster was not made properly and had a part that stuck out more than the rest of the holster. right where the verizon logo is, i got a large indent in my bse. not a huge deal but i didnt look good. the bad part, and the reason i stopped using the clip is that it scratched the paint off of the area that the clip latches into the phone.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by allen2oo3
    yes it works with the bse skin (sort of)...i used this holster (verizon branded) for a bit. the problem was that the hoster was not made properly and had a part that stuck out more than the rest of the holster. right where the verizon logo is, i got a large indent in my bse. not a huge deal but i didnt look good. the bad part, and the reason i stopped using the clip is that it scratched the paint off of the area that the clip latches into the phone.

Is the verizon branded holster made of rubber coated plastic? I'll have to say I am not having any problems with the Cellet Elite holster. LOVE IT!
    Fixed top clip design like old Seidio, Cellet and Helix holster will scratch the Treo after some time of use. This is the reason we develop the spring clip (non-fixed clip). in addition to this, the rubber piece at the underside of Seidio new holster holds the Treo very secure and prevents the Treo from scratching.

I also feel that by having the top clip at the middle like Seidio new holster instead of at the side like Seido old holster and Helix holster does hold the Treo more secure when the antenna is accidently bumped.
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 07/30/2006 at 07:40 PM.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Fixed top clip design like old Seidio, Cellet and Helix holster will scratch the Treo. This is the reason we develop the spring clip (non-fixed clip). in addition to this, the rubber piece at the underside of Seidio new holster holds the Treo very secure and prevents the Treo from scratching.

I also feel that by having the top clip at the middle like Seidio new holster instead of at the side like Seido old holster and Helix holster does hold the Treo more secure when the antenna is accidently bumped.
    Sorry guys, but I am not experiencing any scratching with the Cellet and I can bump the antenna all day without it coming loose. It is a very secure holster.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr
    Is the verizon branded holster made of rubber coated plastic? I'll have to say I am not having any problems with the Cellet Elite holster. LOVE IT!
    yup. aside from the scratching, i did like the holster. the phone felt very secure...glad you guys are having better luck than i did
    I just got my holster in the mail today but I'm worred about the speaker off icon getting rubbed off since the little snap actually touches it as you latch it. Anyone have this holster rub your icon off?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by blulegend
    I just got my holster in the mail today but I'm worred about the speaker off icon getting rubbed off since the little snap actually touches it as you latch it. Anyone have this holster rub your icon off?

A week after heavy use, speaker off icon is untouched.

UPDATE - still no problems with speaker icon. excellent holster!
    Last edited by wbwjr; 08/16/2006 at 05:03 PM.
    I bought the Verizon branded version of this holster and dropped my phone within a few hours of using it. I did hear (and feel) the "snap" mentioned above but the problem was that a bit of my shirt got caught between the phone and the clip and when I moved the Treo popped out. Also the big ole release tab is an easy target, just a little pressure on that tab and it's bombs away. On suggestion I would make for anyone using this holster is that you make the release tab smaller by cutting it with scissors.

The fit and finish of the Cellet Elite holster make the Seidio Sheild 2 (which I also own) look like a shop class project. However, one thing I worry about with the Cellet holster is if the way that it latches onto the Treo might cause the front and back halves of the Treo to seperate over time.

One suggestion for the Cellet manufacturer would be to have the Elite hook over the top slightly (somewhat like the original Seidio Shield does) this would provide a failsafe just in case the phone is not securely latched in the holster.

I'm currently using both holsters. I use the Cellet when I'm wearing a shirt that's tucked in (shirt less likely to get caught between case and phone, plus the holster just looks good) and I use the Seidio when I'm wearing a shirt that's not tucked in.
    VZW 600 --> VZW 700p
    This is a great looking holster but in using it over the last two days my phone fell out 3 times. The little thingy release got brushed against accidentally and out it comes. Not acceptable. I'm returning it. Is the Seido a lot more secure?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    This is a great looking holster but in using it over the last two days my phone fell out 3 times. The little thingy release got brushed against accidentally and out it comes. Not acceptable. I'm returning it. Is the Seido a lot more secure?

Are you sure you heard the clip "click". I'll bet you didn't have it secured all the way. You have to push the clip further and it will lock in place. Try it again before you send it back. I love mine and it is very secure.
    I am returning mine to the TC store because you can't see the LED when the phone is in the holster. I often look down at my waste to see if the light is on telling me I have new e-mails from Chatter.
    3 Sharp Wizards (who can remember the model #'s anymore?) -> REX -> PalmPilot -> PalmPilot w/1 MB Upgrade -> Palm V -> Palm Vx -> Palm m505 -> Treo 90 -> Treo 600 (Sprint) -> Treo 650 (Sprint) -> Treo 700p (Sprint) -> Treo 755p (Sprint) -> Centro (KB & Batt too small) -> Treo 755p & Black Centro

Current "essential" programs: Chatter, 2day, TakePhone, SplashID, PalmPDF, 4Cast, DA, GoogleMaps, BackupMan, PowerHero, KeyCaps, LudusP, mSafe, TextPlus, VolumeCare, ePocrates, zLauncher.
    Quote Originally Posted by wbwjr View Post
    Are you sure you heard the clip "click". I'll bet you didn't have it secured all the way. You have to push the clip further and it will lock in place. Try it again before you send it back. I love mine and it is very secure.
    Yes, I like everything else so I'll give it a go and listen for the click.

Thanks.
    I've had my Cellet for a couple months now. No drops when bumped like I had with my seidio. Yes...the silver paint near the sound off icon is chipping away...but, it looks like 90 percent of the icon will be ok. The one worry I have is that the treo is only held in the holster by a teenie little nub of plastic. But, like I said...no drops yet. Time will tell, though.
    I'm going to return my Cellet. Just not the right thing for me. I've had two more drops. Ouch!! I need something where I know the phone is not going anywhere if it gets bumped or whatever. Think about a Nutshell which I had for my 600 but get it with belt loop or may be the Sena case combo.
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    I'm going to return my Cellet. Just not the right thing for me. I've had two more drops. Ouch!! I need something where I know the phone is not going anywhere if it gets bumped or whatever. Think about a Nutshell which I had for my 600 but get it with belt loop or may be the Sena case combo.
    How long have you had the cellet? Mine hasn't dropped the Treo yet, but I'm not so sure that little nub that holds the treo in the holster can take a good bump.
    I've used the cellet for about ten days and my phone has dropped at least 7 times. Some drops may have been due to my not getting it in right but I've been very careful lately and it still is dropping if I do something active. The little tab is exposed and it takes very little pressure to release. Just not something I want to deal with and I think this is a pretty poor design.
    Good luck.
    If you come across something as cool looking as the cellet that is secure please post.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast