Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by edjerum View Post
    I've used the cellet for about ten days and my phone has dropped at least 7 times. Some drops may have been due to my not getting it in right but I've been very careful lately and it still is dropping if I do something active. The little tab is exposed and it takes very little pressure to release. Just not something I want to deal with and I think this is a pretty poor design.
    Good luck.
    If you come across something as cool looking as the cellet that is secure please post.
    Yikes! That's a lot of drops! Seriously...my cellet has been ok ...no drops after a couple months. But, your story makes me nervous...I guess I'll have to be very cautious...
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    Initially when I got this holster I liked it. I like the rubberized finish and the overall look. After about a month of use, there are definitely some things I don't like, and I am looking for something to replace it.

1. The clip pokes me in the gut everytime I sit down. I am working on losing the gut (20 lbs or so), but in the meantime it is uncomfortable and annoying.

2. I have had a few accidental drops from the latch getting bumped. Luckily on carpet and no damage, but still scary.

3. The crossbar that goes across the bottom of the Treo has cracked through. I think this probably occured while I was wearing the holster without the Treo in it.

I am actually on here trying to determine if the Seido would better fit my needs. I had a P6 Pouch Case from Smartphone Experts which I liked the look and function of, but the case was tight enough that buttons on the Treo would get pushed when it was in the case or removing it from the case, causing calls to be disconnected when I was using my BT headset, or calls to be answered or ignored when I was trying to remove it to check caller id.

I am still looking for the perfect holster or case.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    I can confirm that the elite holster for sale at treocentral and the holster that comes with the 700p are the same holster. I can also confirm that its a poor fit for the 700p. My friend has had 3 drops in one week with his new 700p. When I put my 650 in his holster...it fit great...just like the fit of my 650 in my treocentral elite holster. When I puy the 700p in my treocentral elite the fit was tight...had to push very hard to get the click...and sometimes it still came out. Bottom line...I love and recommend the elite for the 650 only...not the 700. I have had zero drops of my 650 in 2.5 months.
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I too originally praised the Elite holster. The first one I had the tab that holds the Treo in place broke after about two months. TC replaced it under warranty. The second one is fine but it is now chipping the finish off NEAR the speaker icon.
    I am on my second one. I use my phone alot for business so it is constanly in and out of holster. The little tab breaks after exactly 31 days. Called cellet and they said this is a common issue and would not replace. Went with verizon model which is exactly the same and they guarantee for 1 year so you have to replace every month. Once that little tab goes, your phone flies out! I am going to copy and paste this everywhere I can. SUCKS!
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    I am on my second one. This time the tab is holding up. My problem is now I am using the Invisible shield and the clip has actually chipped some of the plastic off near the speaker icon and it doesn't hold the Treo securely anymore. Ordered the Seidio skinned holster and will give it a try. I wish I had a dollar for every Treo accessory I have ever purchased and quit using!
    For those of you having issues with the cellet holster...broken plastic tabs and phone coming out...

Are you using it with a Treo 650 or a Treo 700?

I've been using mine for over 2 months with my Treo 650 with no issues at all. So, I'm curious...am I just lucky or are all the issues with the Treo700?
    Global Posts
    441 Global Posts
    700 P here.
    I had a Cellet for my 700p for a month. I loved it until the tiny tab that keeps the phone securely fastened broke off. It's a fatal flaw; without the tab, it doesn't hold the phone.

FYI, my boss also had a Cellet for his 700p. His lasted two weeks before the same tab broke off. Bummer.
    The Helix Holster is a way sturdier design than the Cellet and I've had it over a month and no issues with drops. With the Cellet my phone was falling out once a day!
    Global Posts
    78 Global Posts
    I bought a Seidio Shield 2 to replace the Cellet Elite. When I opened the package, I immediately saw that the Seido was a far superior holster. The plastic is thicker and much more heavy duty; the construction is much sturdier, and the overall finish is just much nicer. I really like the latching mechanism on the Seidio. I am happy with the Seidio and I believe it will last a while.
    Palm IIIx -> Sprint Treo 300 -> Sprint Treo 600 -> Verizon Treo 700P -> Verizon Motorola Moto Q 9m
    Jabra JX10 -> Motorola HS-850 -> Aliph Jawbone

Arizona Criminal Attorney |
    Arizona DUI Attorney
    Just my input, the cellet clip is the same as the VZW one, and no it doesn't scratch the speaker icon but it does scratch the silver paint off, where it holds on to (one or 2 weeks of use).
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12