1.    #1  
    I detest the Versamail that came with the 700p ... it constantly re-downloads old and deleted mail over and over again.
    The only positive is that it interfaces with the palm contact list to fill in the "send to" when writing new mail.
    I have looked at past forums which seem to like snapper and chatter.
    I have no experience in either.
    Do they work well with AOL?
    Any help would be so appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Last edited by lindaellen; 07/26/2006 at 09:39 AM. Reason: no responses
    Global Posts
    789 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaellen
    I detest the Versamail that came with the 700p ... it constantly re-downloads old and deleted mail over and over again.
    The only positive is that it interfaces with the palm contact list to fill in the "send to" when writing new mail.
    I have looked at past forums which seem to like snapper and chatter.
    I have no experience in either.
    Do they work well with AOL?
    Any help would be so appreciated.
    Thanks.

Chatter works real well with AOL, it will "push" the mail to you ,as it has an IMAP server. ( I use it all day)

Everyone has thier own perference on email programs, both snapper and chatter offer 30 day trial periods so you can work out which suits you!
  3.    #3  
    thanks ... I will try the Chatter trial ... hope I can figure out how to download ... looks like I don't need to install these files: chatterExch, ChatterExg, chatterMatrix, chatterpop3
    Chatter is unquestionably the best option. I use a Blackberry for my work e-mail and Chatter for my non-work AOL e-mail. With Chatter, the Treo is every bit as good as the Blackberry handling e-mail, and in some ways better. Plus, the support you get from Chatter's creator, Marc Blank, is better than anything I have seen for any other product of any type.

And, no, I am not a paid endorser--just a very happy customer. There are many others out there like me.

Try Chatter. You won't be disappointed.
    AOL works great with my Sprint 700p and ChatterEmail. Chatter has a drop down menu for AOL's configuration, and you will be up and running very fast. At least check it out, since it's free to use for trial.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    I use snapper and have never had any problems. there is a trial as well
    What can I say? A girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do!
    Nokia 3360 -> Sony Ericsson t226 -> Sony Ericsson z500 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 680 -> AT&T Centro
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lindaellen
    looks like I don't need to install these files: chatterExch, ChatterExg, chatterMatrix, chatterpop3
    You may actually need all of the files.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    You may actually need all of the files.
    Webedc is correct, load all of the Chatter prc files. They don't take up that much more room and you run a significant chance of corrupting Chatter by not following the correct install method.
  9.    #9  
    The QuickStart Guide said to load Chatter.prc, ChatterUtils.prc, ChatterExg.prc and if I was going to be using POP3 accounts, ChatterPOP3.
    I think the other files are for if I was exchanging files with an office, etc.
    I am using the free trial and like it very much, so far.