Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    Yup... I don't remember if minixm.com did that or not, but it does seem to be a little bit of a pain. At least we get to stream XM somehow though.
    xmmini did not do that. True though on being able to stream somehow.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    No minixm.com did not display this behavior...I have to exit completely out of the browser and go back in to change channels...
    thanks, brickjr
    Global Posts
    173 Global Posts
    Hey this is BS - what happened to the page?!
    Quote Originally Posted by brickjr
    I don't understand why you guys are having so many problems. I've logged on 4 times and had no problems hearing the audio. You just log in, select your station, and hit the "Go" button at the bottom of the screen. Mine automatically opens Kinoma and starts playing. Again, this is on the XstreamXM site. How long are you guys waiting after you hit "Go"? It takes mine about 10-15 seconds before Kinoma even opens.

xtreamxm site is fine. Its the minixm site that is down. A little more user friendly and you can pick your favorites until it went down.
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    xtreamxm site is fine. Its the minixm site that is down. A little more user friendly and you can pick your favorites until it went down.
    My comments were actually meant for the people that were saying they couldn't get XstreamXM to work. I understand the minixm is down.
    MINIXM has just anounced it is now called www.musicdock.com Haven't tried it yet but I hope that means XM wasn't behind the site closing
  8. jjd
    Quote Originally Posted by RICHINMJ
    MINIXM has just anounced it is now called www.musicdock.com Haven't tried it yet but I hope that means XM wasn't behind the site closing
    Yes, but musicdock.com says this on their site:

Quote Originally Posted by musicdock.com web site
    Can I use MusicDock on the Palm Treo 650 or other Palm OS powered devices?
    No. Unfortunately satellite radio streams are only available in Windows Media format and Palm OS does not currently support this type of streaming.
    MusicDock however can be used on the Windows powered Treo 700w.
    (that was from http://musicdock.com/SR/support.asp )
    It works on my Treo 700p, I'm listening to Opie and Anthony right now.
    Jimmie Geddes
  10. jjd
    Despite what musicdock says on their site, it does seem to work with Kinoma on the 700p, at least for now. I just put in the XM username and password and from then on it felt just like minixm.

--Jim--
  11. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    mobile.musicdock.com/SR/MOBILE/
    I can log into the Xstream, but nothing plays. When I try to choose a station it asks if I want to except into pics/videos or card, and then that's all.

with shoutcast, Ptunes takes it, and it works fine. Am I doing something wrong with the XM one or is there another player I need for it to work?

I am using the Treo 650
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang
    I can log into the Xstream, but nothing plays. When I try to choose a station it asks if I want to except into pics/videos or card, and then that's all.

with shoutcast, Ptunes takes it, and it works fine. Am I doing something wrong with the XM one or is there another player I need for it to work?

I am using the Treo 650
    The Kinoma player on the Treo 700p is what allows it to play the streaming XM stations. It was developed specifically for the 700, so I don't think there's an equivalent for the 650. I know the advanced version of PTunes will stream, but I don't know if it works with the XM stations. Anyone know for sure?
    Tried, but no success. And I didn't know that Kinoma was only for the 700. Thanks for that info. See, I see all the info, like song and artist, but no sound, and like I had mentioned, it asked what I wanted to do with the file or what ever, and my only choice was pics/video and accept to card. I also had pTunes running, so I knew it wasn't a pTunes prob.

Actually the website just says palm for the Kinoma player 3 EX, and I don't know if that is what you use, but it even shows on the homepage a 650 device.

If that is the case, I could download the software and see if XM works.
    Quote Originally Posted by quickstang
    Tried, but no success. And I didn't know that Kinoma was only for the 700. Thanks for that info. See, I see all the info, like song and artist, but no sound, and like I had mentioned, it asked what I wanted to do with the file or what ever, and my only choice was pics/video and accept to card. I also had pTunes running, so I knew it wasn't a pTunes prob.

Actually the website just says palm for the Kinoma player 3 EX, and I don't know if that is what you use, but it even shows on the homepage a 650 device.

If that is the case, I could download the software and see if XM works.
    The reason I said it was made specifically for the 700 was that it's only seen as an "embedded" player on the 700. You won't find an application called "Kinoma Player" on any of the standard menus on the 700. It only starts when you try to stream audio or video from the internet. I don't think the Kinoma Player you can actually install has the same functionality, although I could be wrong.
    Interesting how that is. But I guess it could be right cause I downloaded the program and same thing. Asks to save in card or pics/video.

It is a .asx file that tries to open, and maybe what you speak of on the 700 in totally different. So far it seems to NOT have the same functionality, but I don't know all for the 700 since I don't own one. I can only say it won't play on the 650.

I'm looking to upgrade anyway, but I wanted to see if it would work on the 650
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12