1.    #1  
    Seidio is considering to redesign the crystal case for Treo 650. If you are intersted in seeing Seidio to do this, please post here. Also please post your requirements to assist us.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    David, what makes you guys to think about redesign the case?

I got one from another vendor, here are several minor bugs,
    1. I scrached the fliping face (not sure what the real name is) on the first week I got the case.
    2. The belt clip makes some unpleasent sound and is very uncomfortable to wear.
    3. No reset hole. I am using the battery cover from your company and this case makes the cover useless.
    4. The SD slot does not fit all my SD cards.

Good thing is I feel very comfortable when my 21-mo boy toying my treo with the case on
    I bought a clear hard case for my Treo from eBay a while ago. It's almost perfect, but I made a few minor modifications with ye olde dremel:

First, I drilled out a reset hole. It's a real pain to take it out of the case to reset. My Seido battery cover has the hole, seems silly for the case not to.

Next I ground about 2mm off the bottom edge of the flip-up screen cover, around the 5-way and the home/menu buttons. I made a little Arabesque out of it to keep it looking decent. The cover would normally get in the way of these buttons. They were still usable, but you had to press carefully or leave the cover open during games.

The SD storage on the back is great but the belt clip part gets in the way, even without the belt clip in use. The card fits in but has to be forced just a little. What I really don't like about it, though, is that the contacts face outwards. This makes me very nervous.

My flip-top also scratched early on; it was my own fault for putting it in with an iPod case that had a sharp belt clip attachment, but maybe that part could use a sturdier plastic than the rest?

The case stays together well at the bottom but by the top, particularly but not only on the antenna side, the case has begun to wear and cracks open a little bit.

The ridge around the keyboard could be a little shallower, maybe, to allow better key access.. occasionally it will get in the way of p, backspace, return, q, a, or option.
    Global Posts
    593 Global Posts
    I would also like the crystal case to have a reset hole to go with the battery door that seidio sells. Maybe a version that will allow people to put a larnyard thru the case (for those who don't want to carry it with a holster and want to hang the phone in crystal case in a larnyard. Maybe a version that is "rubberized" will be nice, too.
    The Doctor is IN!
    Gadget: Rogers Treo 680 (unlocked) GSM
    Cases: Still deciding
    I'd like to second the rubberized surface option.
    How about a lower profile clip on it to reduce bounce up.
    Also I have noticed that most maufacturer's make them so the clip attatchment is too far down the body, making them almost in the exact center. If the clip point was, say farther up to the top of the case you would have the phone using it's own weight to help the clip stay on better. As most are now, as you move, the phone and case are too close to the center of gravity of the unit, making a walking action tend to bounce the bottom up, and that then uses the full weight of the phone to help loosen its grip. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.
    Last edited by Moonlizard; 07/29/2006 at 04:33 PM.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Moonlizard
    How about a lower profile clip on it to reduce bounce up.
    Also I have noticed that most maufacturer's make them so the clip attatchment is too far down the body, making them almost in the exact center. If the clip point was, say farther up to the top of the case you would have the phone using it's own weight to help the clip stay on better. As most are now, as you move, the phone and case are too close to the center of gravity of the unit, making a walking action tend to bounce the bottom up, and that then uses the full weight of the phone to help loosen its grip. Just my opinion though so take it with a grain of salt.
    Seidio offers a matching holster (very low profile clip) to go with th ecrsytal case. We believe this is the best way to carry the crystal case or skin case as it is very secure, low profile and face in design to protect the screen. All Seidio crystal cases and skin cases do not come with the clip.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com
    Since you asked...

I think the rubberized sides is an excellent idea along with the lanyard loop hole. I also think the need for an improved SD Card holder is very important.

I would hope that plz plz plz you add these ideas to the 700 crystal case too!! (I know you specified the 650 and you just came out with a new case for the 700 but hey, you asked!!!)

Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio offers a matching holster (very low profile clip) to go with th ecrsytal case. We believe this is the best way to carry the crystal case or skin case as it is very secure, low profile and face in design to protect the screen. All Seidio crystal cases and skin cases do not come with the clip.

David Chang
    Seidio
    dsc@seidio.com

OK here is my wishlist for this whole thing.

Id like all that I/WE have mentioned above plus a specific holster that is clear and it locks or "clicks" into place. Either that or, a clip that has that push button that comes with those clips but is ALSO errrrr "clickable" (if there is such a word) I think you get the idea.
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 07/29/2006 at 07:44 PM.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.