1.    #1  
    I have been trying without success to find a Outlook syncing program that could sync my inbox subfolders. I hear GoodLink is an option but very expensive and more for large companies.

Does anyone know of any other solutions?
    Check Chatteremail....works wonders.
    I haven't found a way to sync Outlook sub-folders with chatter. Has anyone else?
    I use Chatter to get email from a sub folder of my Inbox on my Exchange server.

When viewing your inbox on Chatter, select New Mailbox from the menus.

Select the "Complete Folder Name" dropdown.

Select the Inbox when the Chose folder dialog pops up and press the right arrow on the 5-way button to display the sub folders.
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    I'm confused - how do you get chattermail to sync with outlook (and sub-folders)? I use it to download email from the net, but didn't know it could sync to my desktop. I don't use an Exchange server, so I have no idea if this feature is available to me...

Thanks!
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    DHAnderson,

We're talking about HotSyncing Outlook subfolders, not Exchange servers, with Chatter. All I Want to do is sync all of my Outlook mail folders on my home pc with my treo. Specifically, I want every email on my home pc, stored in Outlook, on my treo no matter how old or large it is. This is simple to do with Pocket PC PDA.

Any ideas how to do this with the treo?
    Global Posts
    98 Global Posts
    Ah, okay. I didn't know that Chattermail had a hotsync conduit - if in fact it does. If it does:

a) is there a way for the Treo to "mirror" the Outlook, i.e. not only the folder structure but also keep the two synced in real time?

b) my outlook file is HUGE - lots of attachments, etc. - maybe 700MB. What would happen if I tried to mirror Outlook on my PC with my Treo?
    reubkov
    Palm Treo 755p with 2GB SanDisk microSD, Launcher X
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    cough cough...chatter...
    I've looked through the Chatter manual and find no reference to being able to sync with Outlook desktop and subfolders.

Can you provide further information?

Thanks.
    Brent
    T650 on Sprint's Wireless Wonder
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by bheuss
    I've looked through the Chatter manual and find no reference to being able to sync with Outlook desktop and subfolders.

Can you provide further information?

Thanks.

I have about 20 subfolders in outlook. So when you put your server information when creating a mailbox in chatter, there is a button to reload folder list. this reloads all your subfolders. I have even added my Notes as a subfolder and it brings up all my notes that I have saved on my desktop.

Not sure if it is the manual, I just tried it and it worked.
    Global Posts
    510 Global Posts
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Chatter$ $doesn$'$t$ $sync$ $Outlook$ $folders$ $on$ $the$ $PC$'$s$ $desktop$. $It$ $does$ $sync$ $with$ $Exchange$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $folders$. $These$ $are$ $two$ $different$ $things$ $and$ $I$ $believe$ $the$ $original$ $poster$ $was$ $asking$ $how$ $to$ $sync$ $local$ $Outlook$ $folders$ $w$/$o$ $Exchange$.
    T R E O s t i l l R O C K S - to a certain extent
    Current: AT&T Tilt/HTC 8925/Kaiser
    Retired: AT&T Treo 750, VZW Treo 650, 700p, *700w, *700wx (* = loaner phone from Palm)
    Tried: AT&T Samsung Blackjack i607
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by webedc
    AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $Chatter$ $doesn$'$t$ $sync$ $Outlook$ $folders$ $on$ $the$ $PC$'$s$ $desktop$. $It$ $does$ $sync$ $with$ $Exchange$ $and$ $it$'$s$ $folders$. $These$ $are$ $two$ $different$ $things$ $and$ $I$ $believe$ $the$ $original$ $poster$ $was$ $asking$ $how$ $to$ $sync$ $local$ $Outlook$ $folders$ $w$/$o$ $Exchange$.
    I stand corrected, I should have read the whole message. You are correct, desktop no, exchange yes.
    Global Posts
    492 Global Posts
    You have to use Outlook with either a server hosted IMAP email account or a server hosted MS Exchange email acct. Then you can sync Chatter with any folder/sub-folder under your email account. I typically just sync inbox and sent mail but I can file to all of my sub-folders (i have in excess of 100). If you ever need to read an email from a sub-folder, you create a new mailbox for that sub-folder and then you have access. BTW, if you just need to view an email temporarily you can quickly delete the new mailbox after your review. This system has worked perfectly for me as I primarily use the Treo to read emails, file away emails, and then delete emails.
  14.    #14  
    Thanks for the help! I tried chatter but found the update delay, power usage and overall performance a real drag. For now i'm just using biz connection.
    I use 4Smartphone.net as my hosted exchange server and have my personal email accounts pushed to that server. I then sync with Entourage on my MAC and sync with VersaMail for now until I find a better email/PIM app that will sync all data. VersaMail does not sync my sub folders which is why I am considering ChatterMail or SnapperMail or DataViz Road Sync, basically whoever can deliver full sync of calender, contacts, email and if possible tasks is who I will buy.
    If you want to set up a IMAP service on your home desktop computer, try MailRelayer www.mailrelayer.com . You can then use Snappermail to connect to all your subfolders. The developer is very helpful and responsive, and the program just works...