1.    #1  
    Just curious if anyone has done this yet...

I ride my bikes (bicycle and motorcycle) quite a bit and have questioned whether or not to purchase a GPS solution (like TomTom) and fabricate a cradle for the Treo to rest on my handlebars as I ride.

This would work, surely, although I'm afraid the bumpiness and rough ride may not be good for the unit.

...Just wondering if anyone has done this yet?

-B.
    Treo 300 (x2), 600 (x3), 650 (x6), 700p (ROM'd to 755p)
    My Custom Black-Tie 700p
    Sprint, 750 AT, Unl N/W @ 7pm, Unl Roaming/Power Vision/Pix/Txt/M2M, $46/mo.
    Lost Your Treo 300/600/650/680/700/750 CD? Download them here.
    I have in the past used Tom Tom on my bicycle. I didnt bother with a cradle (because I didnt want to look like a plonker), I set the route and put the Treo650 and Bluetooth GPS unit in my backpack, and connected the earphones to the treo, you can adjust the volume within TomTom. - I cant see the screen but I can hear the route commentary which is good enough for navigation on a bicycle.
    There's a couple of threads on the topic already. I have teased Seidio about the interest in such a product. I have avoided pursuinbg myself as there just isn't a good trail biking software program. Delorme has the Topo series but not even their CS people have any idea about using with handhelds.
    I use my iQue 2600 for GPS navigation on the motorcycle. There are RAM mounts, but they provide no protection from the elements. There is a product called an OtterBox that provides all weather protection, but unsure if they have one for the Treo....most likely they do. For my iQue, I place it inside the clear plastic map pocket on top of my tank bag. I also have wired up a 12 volt accessory outlet under the motorcycle's seat so I can power any 12 volt device....in this case the iQue's auto cradle. Again, similar to what you can get for the Treo.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    There is a product called an OtterBox that provides all weather protection, but unsure if they have one for the Treo
    http://hardware.smartphonetools.treo.../4-23--176.htm
    Last edited by JackNaylorPE; 07/28/2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Well there you go....
    Global Posts
    938 Global Posts
    It's not that I'm so smart, it's just that I stay with problems longer- Albert Einstein.

Palm M505> Palm Tungsten E> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Sony Ericsson P1i (running Styletap BETA)> iPhone 3G 16GB

Macbook Pro 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo