Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Hello everyone I have a question I want mp3 or real music ring tones on my 650 and how do I get some on there, Laugh at me all you want but I don't know where to start. I ran a search all that came up was 700w and 700p..
    I use Phone Technician, which only supports ringer/sms tones... it will not let you assign different mp3s for different contacts. Ringo (which I found to be buggier) does that. You'll also need Pocket Tunes.
    Lightwav Pro also does this, but doesn't have to have Pocket tunes...
  4.    #4  
    I just want a simple program that can make a ring tone then set it thats it thats all i want.. Thanks guys..
    the 650 can play wavs natively. Just convert the mp3 to a wav, email it to your self. choose to open it with the Sounds application and it will be an option for a ring tone.
  6.    #6  
    FOR REAL sweeeet..
    For mp3 rings I use Callfilter and pretty happy with it. If Treo recognizes .wav sounds, you may just run it with a Resco Explorer from your card and it will suggest to add to Treo rings database... it works with midi files however.
  8.    #8  
    Can you explain how to do that I Slow haha. El Chupacabra
    Quote Originally Posted by SCP_DRUMS
    Can you explain how to do that I Slow haha. El Chupacabra
    Um, so why are you actively using two different forum names here? That doesn't make any sense.

Well.. most of your posts don't, but..
    I just found a freeware application which reads mp3-files from SD-card and converts them into ringtones which show up in the ringtone database. It has even a trim option which enables you to cut then start and the end before storing into the ringtone database. It's called minitones and I attach a copy to this post.

It was never easier to get mp3 ringtones on the treo 650!

Have fun
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Thanks Diptreo....cool little program :-)
    SCP_DRUMS,
    Hmm... did not catch your problem quite well... Just click your .wav file in Resco Explorer (I use it) and it will add it to Treo native ring tones database, give a name to your new melody and you are done! Or use Callfilter to play mp3s.

diptreo,
    Thanks! Will try it!
  13.    #13  
    Ok got it, Thanks.. The mini tones WORKED perfect exactly what I wanted thanks again..
    Last edited by SCP_DRUMS; 07/26/2006 at 12:24 PM.
    I agree!! Kewl little program in deed!!
    So I've heard forever that there is no free mp3 ringtone program out there, and that even the apps which cost money are buggy. So this is free and it works? Who all has tried it?
    I just installed the above-linked Mini Tones and pretty much immediately deleted Phone Technician. PT has many other features, but I never use them. It's a feature-poor ringtone app, but it's completely stable.
    downloaded it, installed it, worked for 20 min to uninstall ringo.

Where did you find this. This is a killer-free-app for the TREO, and one we have been screaming for for 2 years.

THANK YOU FOR THIS FIND.

ART
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb
    downloaded it, installed it, worked for 20 min to uninstall ringo.

Where did you find this. This is a killer-free-app for the TREO, and one we have been screaming for for 2 years.

THANK YOU FOR THIS FIND.

ART
    Another thread about this app, and another source for the file

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,37352.0.html
    Thought of the day :
    No sense being pessimistic, it probably wouldn't work anyway
  19.    #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Another thread about this app, and another source for the file

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,37352.0.html

I looked on there but got nothing Ofcourse I don't think I was looking in the right spot.. Thanks again for this great program...
    Global Posts
    90 Global Posts
    MiniTones is awesome, but keep in mind that you might want to reduce bitrate and definately clip the song to only the part you want because it copies it to the phone itself. done wrong 2 or 3 songs could fill up all your memory.
    "Never Put off until tomorrow
    what you can do the day after tomorrow"
    --Mark Twain

PalmIII => Sony Clie' => Dell Axim X30 => Treo 650 and loving it
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast