Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    That's why I refused it. Just a couple of songs and you are up!
  2.    #22  
    Quote Originally Posted by truoc444
    MiniTones is awesome, but keep in mind that you might want to reduce bitrate and definately clip the song to only the part you want because it copies it to the phone itself. done wrong 2 or 3 songs could fill up all your memory.
    What exactly do you mean..?
    On that note does anybody have the "Our Man Flint" ringtone in wav. I'm dating myself here but its when the "President's" phone rang.
    Trim your mp3's to about 20 seconds and they are only about 300k. Still alot, but managable.
    Quote Originally Posted by ygthb
    downloaded it, installed it, worked for 20 min to uninstall ringo.

Where did you find this. This is a killer-free-app for the TREO, and one we have been screaming for for 2 years.

THANK YOU FOR THIS FIND.

ART
    Quote Originally Posted by ChasT
    Another thread about this app, and another source for the file

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,37352.0.html
    I found it on the German palm user board http://www.nexave.de/forum/
    I was also looking for a freeware mp3 ringtone application for years and didn't find any, so I thought more people may be interested. That's why I also posted it at mytreon.net (yes, that was also my post). I was always looking for an application which does not need to have the mp3 files on card since sometimes my card jumps out and then the phone doesn't ring.

In the German user board is is described that minitones has been developed from a palm developer and that it was only informally distributed in some palm user group meetings. He sent the developer an e-mail if he can freely distribute it and the developer agreed (sometimes live can be so easy).

Quote Originally Posted by truoc444
    MiniTones is awesome, but keep in mind that you might want to reduce bitrate and definately clip the song to only the part you want because it copies it to the phone itself. done wrong 2 or 3 songs could fill up all your memory.
    Did you recognize that you can clip the songs with mintones? It has a very nice trim function. When you say "add selection" in the next screen there will be a "trim" button. You can then trim the start and the end of the song (fast by clicking and moving the ballon comprising the start/end time and fine by clicking on the +/-). You can even play the song from the new starting point or 3 seconds before the new end point to the end to check if the trimming points are ok. That's really great.
  6.    #26  
    Yes the trimming is great. I love to see you can do it right from the phone..
    Also nice...since this program does not need to run constantly in the background, you can store and execute it from the SD card. Before MiniTones I had to use 2 programs (1 to convert the MP3 to a wav, and another to clip out the section of the wav file I wanted for the ring tone) to create the same thing. You can even use MiniTones to clip sections of MIDI files! So much easier than the tool I was using before!
    Is there a file size limit for saving .wav files as ringtones on my 650? I want to send a .wav file to my e-mail or text a d/l link directly to my Treo. I need to know if there's a limit though...as of now I don't have an SD card so I can't utilize Ringo Pro or this program yet to play mp3 ringtones
    If your wav file is larger than your available memory, that would not be good. I'd suggest getting an SD card quickly.
    Quote Originally Posted by o_town_racer
    If your wav file is larger than your available memory, that would not be good. I'd suggest getting an SD card quickly.
    Nah, I have lots of available memory and haven't tried to put a wav file onto my Treo. I want to find out if there's a limit for the file before I try anything.
    Quote Originally Posted by scyber
    the 650 can play wavs natively. Just convert the mp3 to a wav, email it to your self. choose to open it with the Sounds application and it will be an option for a ring tone.
    So I tried this but it doesn't show up under Sounds. Yes, the file is a .wav file. Is there any sort of limit on the file? Is there a max kbps? Can it be 44,100 bit rate in stereo? Or does it have to be in mono?

PocketTunes won't even play the file.
    Last edited by SFuture; 08/01/2006 at 02:48 PM.
  12.    #32  
    I tried sending a WAV via email to me and It just wouldnt download for me. So I started this thread and there came MINITUNES Wich is a great program once again..
    What's also great is that after using Minitones, you can assign a different ringtone to individual contacts (as long as you have enough internal memory for the different ringtones). Just set up a speed dial as a favorite button in the Phone app and assign a ringtone. I'm so glad to have the stability of Phone Technician with the features of Ringo (which was very buggy and hurt my car's bluetooth functionality). Luckily, with Zlauncher I can store enough on the sd card to leave room in RAM.

Thanks to those responsible for this excellent piece of freeware!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8
    What's also great is that after using Minitones, you can assign a different ringtone to individual contacts (as long as you have enough internal memory for the different ringtones). Just set up a speed dial as a favorite button in the Phone app and assign a ringtone. I'm so glad to have the stability of Phone Technician with the features of Ringo (which was very buggy and hurt my car's bluetooth functionality). Luckily, with Zlauncher I can store enough on the sd card to leave room in RAM.

However I was not aware of that. Thankss
    THIS PROGRAM IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just added it and put on a few mp3 clips of Louie Armstrong, Freddie Hubbard and Miles Davis did a little snip snip and now I've got BeBop tones....

Thanks so much guys.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Mulligan Al
    THIS PROGRAM IS THE BOMB!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I just added it and put on a few mp3 clips of Louie Armstrong, Freddie Hubbard and Miles Davis did a little snip snip and now I've got BeBop tones....

Thanks so much guys.
    What No Ella!?!?!? The Queen of ........?

I agree, Minitones is .
    Quote Originally Posted by horatio8

Not really sure how to set up a speed dial... any help with that? Thanks
    The manual would've told you that you select an empty favorites button. The default option is speed dial....

19. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by FrozenCode
    The manual would've told you that you select an empty favorites button. The default option is speed dial....
    On the 700P you assign ringtones via contacts app.
    On the 700P you assign ringtones via contacts app.
    NRG, that may be, but in this section of the forum, any discussion would "assume" that you are talking about a Treo 650. There is a separate section of the board dedicated to the 700p.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast