1.    #1  
    I am looking for a fairly simple way to store the following on my Prism instead of the deck of index cards currently used:

File of books, sorted by author - currently have maybe 40 or 50 authors.

Within each author, I want to list books, noting the following for ea. book - title, year published, a note field for noting such things as ordered, or paperback, and finally a checkoff or similar to indicate if I read it.

Right now I have an index card for each author, with the books and notes listed on each card. Any suggestions for something simple, and hopefully free or cheap.

Thanks.
    Hi Dougef,

No replies to this post yet, so here's one for you at least...FilemakerPro mobile

I'm gonna be a bit of a hypocrite and recommend something I haven't installed on my visor YET, but which i use on a desktop, and for which a mobile version is available. My buddy also swears by it for all his Palm mobile databases. (I'm aslo assuming it works on Visor.)

I love FM Pro for an author/title database I manage at a publishing company. The mobile software is 47 bucks so if you're looking for freeware, search on...
    gdluk,
    vsurfer
    VSurfer
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the suggestion. But that's a bit pricey for what I want to accomplish. Hoping for some other solutions. I suspect FM Pro is quite a bit more powerful than my needs require.
    Download ThinkDB 2 from http://www.thinkingbytes.com/ I'm sure you can find a pre-made database (tinybyte) that will fulfill your needs, if not make one yourself. It's Free!
    "Life is what you experience between racing games"
    Galley
    You might also be able to make HandyShopper work (HS2). It's a shopping list, checklist, etc database (free). You can set up groups (stores) and categories of course. Items can have a note attached.

Great for groceries too!
    Steve
    "Gort, Klatu verada nictu."
    I use ThinkDB2 for the exact same purpose you are (I think).

I track all my books with one DB, and track all my research with another. If you decide you don't want to build the db yourself (which I think you should try...), I can send you waht I'm using.