Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
  1.    #21  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex
    Yes, possibly. As a matter of fact, I believe there is something about that in the user manual.......
    The warning about speaker damage is a must from the developer standpoint, just like the "don't try this at home" warnings on reality shows.

Personally, since I started using Phone Technician to boost sound levels, my Treo is entirely different. I no longer dread getting a phone call while outside because I can now hear.

I doubt it will cause damage to the speaker when you just increase the volume by 1 or 2 notches (in PT, I have it set 2 clicks into the Red). I've compared this increased volume to some cheap flip phones and the volumes are now equivalent. Now if a cheap flip phone can handle those volumes, I'm sure the Treo can.

I would recommend either of these programs. Your ears will thank you. Just IMHO.
    Another vote for Phone Technician! I've tried both but VolumeCare didn't seem to be as effective. However, that being said, the mic boost was a very useful feature, especially for speakerphone calls.

Now if we could get Phone Technician to get that in there too then it'll be a real contest. And maybe add the features from HeadCold with a feature to re-route all audio to Bluetooth even if something is plugged in.
    (PowerPlay Vs) >> palmOne Zire 31 >>
    (palm Tungsten T3)/(palmOne Zire 72s) >> (palm Black Tie Trēo 650 Custom)/
    (palmOne LifeDrive Custom [SanDisk Ultra II CF])/(palm m515)/(palm T|X)
    handspring Visor Deluxe/Tapwave Zodiac 2/palm Trēo 680 Copper Orange

Canuck PDA
    I downloaded a trial of Phone Technician yesterday and about an hour ago I went ahead and registered it. The only aspect of Phone Technician I have really used is the sound booster and I personally think it works great. I may try the radio on and off at some point, but for $10 you can't beat it.
    I totally concur. Phone technican is great app.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12