Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    ok, i just bought a 700p from a guy. i have sync'd his info onto a new user name on my Palm Desktop

i am giving him my 650 and i have already sync'd my info on my User name on Palm Desktop

what i need to do is basically switch them so that my info is on the 700, and his info is on my old 650

i am having some problems doing this, and i need some help.

any is appreciated, thanks everyone!
    Last edited by wbkm85; 07/25/2006 at 01:57 PM. Reason: title change
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i tried to switch user names, and they both sync to the original owner. meaning what i did was useless.

would this solve my problem?
    http://mytreo.net/downloads/details-569.html?ChangeName
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    nevermind. had to not only switch the name, but switch the number using that program

thanks for the help!!
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    what you need is a hard reset so that you could start with a blank treo and sync with you own data from desktop. u may observe that after the hard reset, if you launch hotsync it would ask u to choose or create a username. try visiting www.kb.palm.com for how to's..
    Global Posts
    761 Global Posts
    i didnt want to do all of that. wanted to keep the games/apps on the treo and what i did was a lot easier than completely re-doing the whole treo.

thanks though!
    blake!

Sprint Centro
    If you sync your 650 profile into the 700 (even if you can), you will have problems. It is always best to do a hard reset when upgrading to a newer palm. You will prevent instability and incompatibilies in the future. It's like upgrading a computer from Win98 to WinXP. Do a fresh install.