1.    #1  
    I'm looking at the Plantronics 590A Bluetooth headphones for my Treo 650 (Cingular branded) and it looks really good but I'm getting mixed messages as to whether it is compatible with the T650. Is it? It's sold at the TreoCentral store too, but I'm afraid to make any assumptions.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ies/---770.htm

Are there other bluetooth devices that are similar to this in that they double up as headphones and cell phones? They specifically have to be over the ear style like the Plantronics 590A.

Any help would be appreciated!
    Ive been using the 590A's and OMG I LOVE them. Just about everytime I use them I tell myself how amazing the sound is out of them. Of course I use SAG to pump the tunes to it via PTunes.

I also like the way calls come in.

In case you were wondering yes, I have a T650. (Verizon)
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Quote Originally Posted by joker9989
    I'm looking at the Plantronics 590A Bluetooth headphones for my Treo 650 (Cingular branded) and it looks really good but I'm getting mixed messages as to whether it is compatible with the T650. Is it? It's sold at the TreoCentral store too, but I'm afraid to make any assumptions.

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ies/---770.htm

Are there other bluetooth devices that are similar to this in that they double up as headphones and cell phones? They specifically have to be over the ear style like the Plantronics 590A.

Any help would be appreciated!
    I've had this headset for a couple of months and I really love it for listenening to music while running. Not having the wires getting caught on things, and not having to worry about adapters, really is great. To make them compatable, however, you need "SAG," which is the acronym everybody uses for "Softik Audio Gateway." This program allows you to have your Treo 650 send stereo music to your headphones. If you use this program, the strereo quality music rivals most high quality wired headsets. The bonus of this headset is that you can answer phone calls, in breath-taking stereo, while the music is playing, as it has a little retractable boom mike sticking out of the right earphone. I don't think you'd want to give up a regular, single ear bluetooth headset, as you wouldn't be able to hear any ambient noise, such as emergency sirens, while driving. However, if you were sitting at a laptop in a park, at your "virtual office" I think you might find them useful for phone calls.
    I have a Cingular Teo 650 and Plantronics 590A. As mentioned earlier, when coupled with "SAG", the combination works very nicely. The quality of the stereo sound through the headset is fantastic. I wouldn't wear the 590A while driving.
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for the help!!
    I have a Plantronics 590A and SAG 1.08 latest build. They work fine with Ptunes except I do have problems with "skipping". I think that the audio stream is starting and stopping. UDMH makes it much better.

However, it is really unstable with telephone calls. When the phone is idle and the headset is also idle, the headset will connect and disconnect over and over again every 10 or 20 seconds or so. Many times a call will come in and it will take 15 seconds for the headset to connect. Do you guys have this happening? I know the bluetooth is awful on the 700P, but I wonder if I am actually having problems that are even farther from the norm compared to most users. I don't hear anyone complaing about this with the 590A.