1.    #1  
    Hi, I just purchased an "at&t, cingular branded" 650 off ebay and have it in my eager hands. If I want to use my t-mobile sim card in it, i understand i simply need to purchase an unlock code and, depending on the source/service either install a program on a pc etc or simply enter a code on the handset. Could anybody (who is NOT going to give me an affiliate link) provide any insight on which service they have used or know people who have used that sucessfully UNLOCKED their 650 subsequently allowing any sim card to work in it.

Thanks for your help!
    Last edited by ILLINI_treo; 07/24/2006 at 10:20 PM.
    I can relate - I just got the treo too and was able to get it unlocked - I think I saw the link to a place on here - 650unlock

It was the cheapest at $15.00 and it worked fine although with a few hiccups - the instructions are very basic and with me I had to use a bit of my grey matter to get it to work - it did and now my treo is unlocked! You will need a hotsync cable though.

Let me know if you need any help with the instructions.
    I have used unlockcellular.com on several Treo's and never had a hiccup. Very easy instructions and if you use the promo code treocentral you get $5 dollars off. the cost with the discount was $19.00
    does anyone know if there is a mac os version of the client software available
    didn't see it on either site

cheers
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazmi
    I can relate - I just got the treo too and was able to get it unlocked - I think I saw the link to a place on here - 650unlock

It was the cheapest at $15.00 and it worked fine although with a few hiccups - the instructions are very basic and with me I had to use a bit of my grey matter to get it to work - it did and now my treo is unlocked! You will need a hotsync cable though.

Let me know if you need any help with the instructions.
    Also, 650unlock supports development of the ROM tool.
  6.    #6  
    650unlock.com is the way to go! Though I had some troubles getting my phone connected to the PC originally (mostly because I'm a mac power user, and a novice windows user). However, email response was ridiculously fast and now I have an unlocked 650!
    What's wrong with calling Cingular customer and asking for the unlock code? It may not be the fastest (they sent my code a few hours later by email), but it is certainly the cheapest ($0.00).

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
    Quote Originally Posted by mcdan333
    What's wrong with calling Cingular customer and asking for the unlock code? It may not be the fastest (they sent my code a few hours later by email), but it is certainly the cheapest ($0.00).
    OP is on t-mobile, so Cingular would probably not unlock it.
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
  9.    #9  
    my thoughts exactly, stroths.
    Worth a try, but I doubt they will unlock it for you.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    Yes, I missed the part about the OP being a T-Mo customer. Ok, $15.00 at 650unlock may be the way to go.

Or, if the OP is really a cheapskate , find a friend with a Cingular account, have the friend call CS and tell them that he's "going out of the country with this T650 bought used on Ebay and need the subsidy unlock yada yada yada". Might work.

Treo 650 - Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.20-ENA
    Firmware:01.71
  12.    #12  
    yea never thought of that, i did use a friend's cing sim card to verify the phone was in operating condition.