1.    #1  
    I was looking to install the Metro app, but I can't figure it out. Is there anyway to just download by city. I have the Zip folder and it has about 15 or 20 files and a few other folders. Are all of them needed? I have looked at the website and still can't figure it. Thanks!
    All of the files in the zip root are for different languages. For english, I believe you need metro-en.prc. Check in the readme file. Then the all subdirectory contains the transit system info for various areas. Just load the areas you will be visiting. You should also get the MetrUp application. That allows you to update to current transit info directly from your Treo.
    Last edited by jrfaris; 07/25/2006 at 09:01 AM.
  3.    #3  
    See that's thing. I have the english prc file, but I can't figure out which prc is for New York. Does anyone know what the prc file for New York is labeled as?
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedsHelp
    See that's thing. I have the english prc file, but I can't figure out which prc is for New York. Does anyone know what the prc file for New York is labeled as?
    it'll probably have something like NY next to it. the states are abreviated if I remeber right...im in dc and i had some trouble at first but i found mine. ny is on there. i remember seein that one i think..
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    where do you get metro from? can someone send me the link
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    On mine it's called NewYork-tourist.pdb (stands for palm data base). Seems pretty obvious....have you opened the all subdirectory?

Metro Link
  7.    #7  
    Jrfaris, you are right it was obvious. It was in the all subdirectory. What are all of the apps listed in the main directory? For example metro-ca, metro-co, metro-da and so on? If all I want is the New York tourist.pdb is there anything else I need to install? Is there a prc file for Metro? Can I just install the city I want from the all subdirectory or will I need additional files?
    you just need metro-en.prc install on your treo and the NewYork-tourist.pdb installed on your SD card (under PALM/Programs/metro, which you can create with Filez)
    Quote Originally Posted by NeedsHelp
    What are all of the apps listed in the main directory? For example metro-ca, metro-co, metro-da and so on? If all I want is the New York tourist.pdb is there anything else I need to install? Is there a prc file for Metro? Can I just install the city I want from the all subdirectory or will I need additional files?
    They are all different languages. Check the Metro Installation instructions for details. As enynite says you need both a .prc program file and at least one .pdb city file. You don't have to put the city file on the SD if you don't want to.
    I love Metro. I was the geek-hero during a trip to Chicago last year. We were jumping on and off of subways all over town going to and fro. No problems - we always quickly found what we were looking for.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    I was in London recently visiting my son who laughed when Metro recommended a connection that was not on his printed map. I had the last laugh however when I found my connection on the map posted at the tube. Metro is great.
    Visor->650->Pre