1.    #1  
    Hi,

This is my first Treo (coming from a 7135), and I really like it a lot.

I couldn't find info on this in any of the forums or in the Palm help file. I was wondering if there was a delete key (as opposed to the backspace key) somewhere on the 700p keyboard?

Thanks,

Dawn
    whats the difference? just wondering
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Backspace deletes the preceding character, so hitting backspace at the end of the sentence:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Yields:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (no period)

The Delete button on your PC deletes the following character, so hitting it at the beginning of the sentence yields:

"he quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Hitting delete at the end would do nothing to the sentence itself.
    ---
    th3_plague

Audiovox Garbage from Sprint -> Motorola Star Tac -> Nokia Garbage from AT&T -> Samsung SPH-i300 -> Samsung SPH-i500 -> Motorola Q -> Palm Treo 700p (VZW)
    Does anyone have an answer for D-Luks? I'm curious also.
    Mowgli the Jungle Boy
    ---------------------------------
    Orange Handspring Visor Deluxe
    Tungsten T
    Treo 700p VZW
    Global Posts
    218 Global Posts
    I use the 5way or the stylus to put me behind the letter I want to delete and then hit the backspace.
    D-Luks,

I have tried again and again and again to try and find a way of deleting a letter, and have yet to come up with one. I don't think there is a delete key on the keyboard, which is really too bad. I do know of a shortcut that many may not. If you misspell or double type a word, if you hit the shift key and then backspace, it will delete an entire word instead of just the preceding letter.

Can be helpful with web addresses or email addresses, for what its worth.
    Quote Originally Posted by th3_plague
    Backspace deletes the preceding character, so hitting backspace at the end of the sentence:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Yields:

"The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog" (no period)

The Delete button on your PC deletes the following character, so hitting it at the beginning of the sentence yields:

"he quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog."

Hitting delete at the end would do nothing to the sentence itself.
    so it does. thanks....
    Visit me at myspace:
    wow, I never thought of needing a delete key until now! i've always just navigated to the end and used backspace, or used a graffiti tool to highlight & delete. but now that you mention it, sometimes a delete key would be more convenient.

also, cool trick with the shift+backspace :-)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tree-Oh
    also, cool trick with the shift+backspace :-)
    thanks!!!
    Visit me at myspace:
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    if you hit the shift key and then backspace, it will delete an entire word instead of just the preceding letter.
    I'm coming up on three years with a Treo and this is the first time I've seen the hold-shift+backspace tip. Nice.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks for the tips folks.

Dawn
    Every once in a while, even us oldtime users can learn something new. I thought everyone knew about this.
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    Oh, snap. Nice trick!
    I remember once very popular thread over this find months ago. But its true, very few people use it often. Are we this crazy that we cant type two buttons. I remember the trick but cant stop myself to use cursor to go right and then hit backspace. Wierd huh??
    Technological superiority has never won a product battle. If that were the case we would all be flying in supersonic Concordes and using Apple computers.

The key to winning the battle is a combination of price, convenience, marketing, sound business model and a bit of luck.
    Backspace, Delete, what's the big deal? Given the limited space available on the Treo, I'll happily do without a delete key.

I don't know about today, but the early Macs didn't have a delete key, either, only a backspace. Maybe that's why they never became as popular as PCs. (;-}
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    Conversly, if you press the shift and space button, you will get a 10 space indent.