Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    I thought at one point I saw the capability to handwrite a note on the 700p and text message it, maybe as an mms. I think It was on the palm site when first advertising the 700p.

Anyone?
    Global Posts
    100 Global Posts
    Somewhere there is available for download the notepad program that someone took off another palm product. I downloaded it and it works fine on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by doctoss
    Somewhere there is available for download the notepad program that someone took off another palm product.
    Try: here.
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    does this work for the 700p?
    im using bugme and it ok.
    I got my palm pre on day 1 Treo 755p with sprint
    Bug me , zlauncher , Treo memo, Volume care pro, Backupman , Takephone,Agendus, 2day, Holidates, lex spell, Bdictionary, Mundu, Adrian Money ,Genius, Callblock,minitones,Pocket Tunes Deluxe, doc2go,Timesheet, bible reader,Checkers sea War,Hot reverse ,sudoku and Black jack (All games are on my sd card) , Yaps and crytex, safeguard
    Nvback up on 2nd 1gig sd card
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by comedytreogirl
    does this work for the 700p?
    im using bugme and it ok.
    The Notepad app worked okay on my 650, but I have not installed/tried it on my 700p. Diddlebug is what I use.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Quote Originally Posted by ERicJ
    I gave it a try and got install errors...didn't work for me.
    Do a search for Notepad on this site. There was a thread a couple weeks ago. I have the notepad fille working just fine. I think JimmieGeddes posted the prc's. There are two fiels, and you can't hotsync them. They need to be saved to SD card and then copied over to RAM.
    Quote Originally Posted by SailRace
    ...... They need to be saved to SD card and then copied over to RAM.
    Ahhhh...I'm new to the Treo and POS. How do you do that (I have Resco Explorer)?
    One other popular notepad program is Pennovate Notes...
    http://www.pennovate.com/Pennovate-Notes.html

I use it on my Treo 700p, but it's not free (it's about $20).
    I've never used Resco, but I have found the easiest way is to use a card reader on your PC, save the files to the card, and then use a file program to just copy it to the RAM on the Treo. I use the internal file manager from zlauncher, and it couldn't be easier.
    diddle bug is the best free notepad. The pulgins is what sold it for me.
    Google is my Best Friend

The Building of the Biggest Software Site EVER!

http://www.treoquestions.org/questions/downloads.php
    Global Posts
    538 Global Posts
    thanks for al the great responses...I thought it was advertised as "part" of the treo700p. maybe suppossed to be in the rom or something, but fell through.I'll try diddlebug.
    Quote Originally Posted by noodle
    I thought at one point I saw the capability to handwrite a note on the 700p and text message it, maybe as an mms. I think It was on the palm site when first advertising the 700p.
    You were on the right track. What you are probably referring to is the writing feature bundled with the Camera app. Choose a picture, hit menu and select "Draw on..." You can then save this and message it.
    If you create a blank white (or even with lines) 4:3 jpg of appropriate resolution and copy it to your Treo, you can use it as a template to write notes with.

But, as usual, Palm's integrated tool is relatively barebones in terms of functionality. A third party app would still prove useful.