Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    Yup.... Freaking 2 kids came up to my kiosk which I run in the mall. 1 wanted to see some merchandise so I put my 700p under the fax near the register and start showing him the stuff. Next thing I see another kid walking towards the register to see some stuff which was displayed above the register . I did get a suspicious feeling but I was like nah! Everything is locked, but what I forgot "my love", "my life" , "my 700p" was laying there. The first kid said "I like the stuff I am gonna come back tommorow" and leaves next thing I do is lock up the showcase and walk back to the register I notice my phone missing I look around I see the second kid running towards the exit. It was Sunday so the mall was busy after the exit I lost sight of him . I did alert the mall security right away but they were not much help. Now I gotta get a police report and deal with LockLine http://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gifhttp://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gifhttp://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gifhttp://discussion.treocentral.com/im...milies/mad.gif

I've seen these 2 kids before in the mall a few times. If they show up which they will sooner or later I am getting both busted and prosecuted if they have it under their possesion just for show off. I know its useless for them cause I called sprint I did report it stolen to them so they can flag the ESN. If they are smart they might still be able to get it to work on Verizon.
    <s></s>
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    that sucks so bad, those freakin bastards!!! Don't worry man, karma comes around full circle.
    Just an idea. Why don't we as the Treo community attempt to find these jerks and harras them and their families until they return the phone. It worked great for the person whose sidekick was lifted.
    bit_bucket
    how old were these kids
    Visit me at myspace:
    www.myspace.com/stylestrumentals
    Quote Originally Posted by bit_bucket
    Just an idea. Why don't we as the Treo community attempt to find these jerks and harras them and their families until they return the phone. It worked great for the person whose sidekick was lifted.
    That sidekick guy went nuts though. He spent all that time and energy. If you counted up the time he spent, he could have easily bought a new sidekick working. It was also the way the sidekick was set up that he could follow all the data moving from the unit. These kids could just do a hard reset and start from scratch and as the guy said try to use it on verzon, or just sell it on ebay. also they could just use it as mp3 player and to rip dvds and watch them. But since they "sh*t where they eat", ie the kids are semi-regulars in the mall where he has his kiosk, they ain't too smart. They proobably aren't capable of doing anything with it but selling it.

To the OP who lost the unit, I feel for you man. That really sucks. We all gotta be vigialnt. It's easy to let your guard down where you work because you feel comfortable there. That really sucks.

And that other guy is right....karma. One day it will come back to bite them. It all evens out eventually.
    Sprint Treo 700p, Sony UX/TX, u720,
    Edirol R-09, Mitsu PK 20, Mimio
    Sorry to here that.

This is why my Treo never leaves my person when I am in public.

You should try to get a copy ofthe mall secuirty tapes for ID purposes.

The "good news" in this is that most "kids" (aka thieves) are stupid and will return to the mall after some period of time.

Hopefully you will see them, and do a little kneecapping, so they won't be jaunting to the exit anytime soon.

People are right...karma's a *****, and those guys will rob the wrong person sometime and get the everlovin' shyte beat out of them. It won't being back your Treo, but it might save someone else's.
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Let us know how that goes for you, and quickly your treo is replaced.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Damn kids!!

Always keep your 700p on you at all times!! (especially when sneaky kids are around)
    diane
    Sometimes it pays to assume. Always assume that any valuable item is going to be stolen if it's not secured. That's how things are nowadays.
  10.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    how old were these kids
    12-14 yr old max, pretty smart kids looking the way they distracted me.

Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Let us know how that goes for you, and quickly your treo is replaced.
    Well Police took down the report and I was in rush but as I understand after looking at the retail value of the phone officer reported it as "grand theft". Well LockLine didnt even ask for anything but the $50 and rep said sorry to hear that but we have a brand new 700p on its way (blessing in disguise )
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    12-14 yr old max, pretty smart kids looking the way they distracted me.

Well Police took down the report and I was in rush but as I understand after looking at the retail value of the phone officer reported it as "grand theft". Well LockLine didnt even ask for anything but the $50 and rep said sorry to hear that but we have a brand new 700p on its way (blessing in disguise )
    I bet it's not going to be "brand new"......
  12.    #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by bigthrust
    what makes you say that?
    I don't think there are that many or any refurbished 700p for LockLine to be sending those out. A friend got his 700p replaced with a brand new one after his pretty much crashed on every incoming call.

I will settle for refurbished one too. I am not gonna be a picky bastage.
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by Headake
    what makes you say that?
    I don't think there are that many or any refurbished 700p for LockLine to be sending those out. A friend got his 700p replaced with a brand new one after his pretty much crashed on every incoming call.

I will settle for refurbished one too. I am not gonna be a picky bastage.
    Your friend probably dealt with the Phone company direct so therefore deserves a decent replacement. Lockline is a "insurance" company. They will try to make it as inexpensive for themselves as possible. There are refurbs out there. Think about the phones that didn't work on day 1 for some people, the phones have to go somewhere. Heck you might get your buddy's orginal phone, but "refurbed". Since you don't care I guess it's no big deal. I am curious. Please post how things turn out, because I have Lockline and would like to know how they treat people.
    He got a new one because they have a 1 year sprint warrantee on defective units, but that doesn't cover getting it stolen. You should keep your picture mail site monitored, but since you cancelled the phone, there goes that.
    ----

Sprint Treo 700p

mine was. i think though when I called the first time, aa recording said something about reconditioned something but I didnt quite hear what it said. but my phone came and it was brand new
    Visit me at myspace:
    Quote Originally Posted by Smoove03
    mine was. i think though when I called the first time, aa recording said something about reconditioned something but I didnt quite hear what it said. but my phone came and it was brand new
    That makes me feel a whole lot better. I feel if you pay the $ each month for insurance, you deserve good service when you need it.
    That makes me feel a whole lot better. I feel if you pay the $ each month for insurance, you deserve good service when you need it.
    yup! I agree. although, I never expected a $50 deductable when I needed a replacement! I figured my $6 or whatever per month would take care of insurance. I guess not!
    Visit me at myspace:
    My replacement from LockLine was. Full retail package including new headset, charger & everything else in the box. And it was on my doorstep 12 hrs after I called and reported my Treo 700p missing. They didn't cover my memory card, though.
    UniPalmer
    -------------
    It's not the heat; it's the stupidity!
    ugh. Those little effers. This makes me so mad! I'm so sorry they stole your phone. But I agree with the others. They'll get what's coming to them.

bwahahaha *weg*
    This reminds me of an encounter I had last month at a local mall. I was coming into the mall and two young teens were making a fast exit out of the door I was coming through. They tried to push me down in their "getaway" and one tried to take my organizer from my hands. If you have seen my avitar that was a very BAD idea. One slightly malformed thumb and several fingers later, he was on the deck and apprehended with the stolen goods (mine and the original stolen item) in hand. Sad thing was, he did not learn. He threatened me to "wait until I get out...." Morons! This particular guy did get what was coming to him. He is not likely to use those fingers like he used to.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast