1.    #1  
    NooB Question:

Well I bought an adaptor so I could use my t600 as a mp3 player basically, it just plays threw the reg speaker on the t600 when I plug it in, is there some kind of software that I need to install for it to work with the the headphones plugged in the adaptor on the bottom?
  2.    #2  
    12 views and no comments?
    Quote Originally Posted by eLixar
    NooB Question:

Well I bought an adaptor so I could use my t600 as a mp3 player basically, it just plays threw the reg speaker on the t600 when I plug it in, is there some kind of software that I need to install for it to work with the the headphones plugged in the adaptor on the bottom?

Can you please elaborate a bit more about your situation? What brand/type adaptor are you using? What brand/model headphones are you using? Have you tried a totally different set of headphones? Is the adaptor plugged all the way in?

Note: Threw should be spelled through in your statement.
    i tired an app called freedom.. seemed to work to force audio out of the bottom jack when i attached my ebay special cheapie headphone/mic adapter, however, not sure if its the headphones or the software but i dont seem to be getting stereo output... give it a shot

http://www.toysoft.ca/freedom.html
  5.    #5  
    Ok so the freedom software works, only in one side of the headphones. Could it be the verison adaptor I got?
    Global Posts
    31 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by eLixar
    Ok so the freedom software works, only in one side of the headphones. Could it be the verison adaptor I got?
    I have used the Seido 2.5 - 3.5mm adapter for quite a while and it work very well with my Treo 600 and Pocket Tunes, without having to use any special software to turn the external speaker off.

I think this link is the same adapter, although the manufactuer is listed as "Smartphone Experts":

http://store.treocentral.com/content...73-75--337.htm

harry
  7.    #7  
    Ahhh ya that is something that would prob work better, being that this has a button on it. But I wont need any software for this?

Picture below is what I have:

http://img332.imageshack.us/img332/5...26jul06lo9.jpg
    Global Posts
    641 Global Posts
    It's an impedance thing. It tries to tell whether it's handsfree earphone vs. a regular pair of headphones by look at the impedance of what's pluged in.

The way most of us fixed this was to by the radio shack headphone volume control. It changes the impedance of your headphones and the sound will come through as you expected. If you search for impedance or radio shack volume, you'll find a bunch of stuff about this.
    Less than 400 posts to get my own little treo icon!
  9.    #9  
    Ya but i dont want like 12424 cords connected to my treo and a mile long cord as well haha, I think this lil adaptor should work so I'm gonna give that a try. Thanks all! You can close this thread!