1.    #1  
    I tried to install the palmone software from the cd, it keeps giving me this "1607: unable to install installshield scripting runtime". I googled for solutions, it seems to be a conflict between installshield and windows installer since the error pops up during "configuring windows installer".
    Currently, i hotsync stuff on my sister's computer since palmone software installed fine on her windows xp home edition just fine. But i don't want to bother her too much. Is there a patch somewhere? I'm frustrated.
    Hello zackwz,

This is Kevin from Palm. It's difficult to say what the exact source of the issue may be, but take a look at the Palm Knowledge Library article '1607: Unable to Install Installshield Scripting Runtime' (when trying to install Palm Desktop). It should provide you with some good leads.

Sincerely,

Kevin
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Kevin Michaels
    kevin.michaels@palm.com
    - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Check out what’s new at
    http://www.palm.com/
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Michaels
    Hello zackwz,

This is Kevin from Palm. It's difficult to say what the exact source of the issue may be, but take a look at the Palm Knowledge Library article '1607: Unable to Install Installshield Scripting Runtime' (when trying to install Palm Desktop). It should provide you with some good leads.

Sincerely,

Kevin
    Thank you, i've tried everything but it still doesn't work. It give me error about windows intaller is not correctly installed.