View Poll Results: Preferred Word Proecessing Software?

Voters
212. You may not vote on this poll
  • Documents to Go Pro

9 4.25%
  • QuickWord (QuickOffice)

33 15.57%
  • WordSmith

158 74.53%
  • Other

12 5.66%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    What word processing software do you prefer? If it is other, please clarify which you are using.
    GOOO WORDSMITH!!!

IS there a place you can get a quickword demo?

-miradu2000
  3.    #3  
    Originally posted by miradu2000
    IS there a place you can get a quickword demo?
    quickoffice.com
    I tried all the mentioned WP software and find WordSmith the easiest to use, the best to synch, with the richest features.

DtG was way too slow, and too difficult to use, whilst QuickWord is nice for straight text entry, but doesn't offer any special WP features.

There was another WP package that I used (whose name escapes me) that was quite nice, but they tried to make it look like windows, with too much screen real estate taken up with buttons.
  5.    #5  
    Originally posted by nurcombe
    There was another WP package that I used (whose name escapes me) that was quite nice, but they tried to make it look like windows, with too much screen real estate taken up with buttons.
    Jim,
    That sounds like MegaDoc, which I forgot to include in the poll. I had also tried it, but it was too unstable for me.
    MegaDoc - That was it. PalmGear was down (again!) so I couldn't look it up.

The later versions seems fairly stable, but I think they tried to be too clever, what with the ability to convert to Palm DOC, Word DOC, RTF, HTML, etc. an everything.
    how about takenote? how could we forget that one!
    Global Posts
    195 Global Posts
    I use TakeNote and have no complaints.
    I used NoteTaker and TakeNote with no complaints. Now I use WordSmith with nothing but praise. I wouldn't mind seeing the inclusion of WordSmith with Handspring's tweaking of the Palm OS. I think it keeps with the Palm mantra of simplicity while allowing for impressive flexibility (and the thought laid out for keyboard control is wonderful!).
    -Joshua
    I've decided to become enigmatic.
    I use SmartDoc for editing files on my Prism. Sorry to see that it wasn't included in the list.
    It probably wasn't included because it has now become QuickWord...

SmartDoc is an old version.
    Originally posted by euangel

Jim,
    That sounds like MegaDoc, which I forgot to include in the poll. I had also tried it, but it was too unstable for me.
    Same here -- and it was extremely slow, and the files were huge.
    Jeff Meyer

"And he died like he lived: with his mouth wide open."
    I have only tried Documents to Go and it works fine for me as a casual user. Someone had posted a thread regarding an update for DTG which was really helpful to me since I can now create new documents on my Visor and the typing with the Stowaway has really gotten faster. I wish the thread was still posted so I could refer it to someone else!
    Tried a couple of demos.... and I have to say that I really liked Smartdocs the best as a text editor and reader. It is now known as Quickword.
    I voted for doc to go pro because it performs great after the newest upgrade (better speed, keyboard support and a "new" button), plus I can view tables and email attachments. I used take note before, which I loved because of the great desktop conduit, but it took forever to start up.
    Has anyone tried both Wordsmith and Docs to go, and can do a head to head comparison? I use Wordsmith because it works well enough for me, was cheeper (particularly with the $10 discount BueNomad offered to current BackupBuddy users) and based on some reviews of Docs to Go, seemed to have more features. I was just wondering if I was missing anything major in Docs to Go.
    WordSmith is the absolute BEST for word processing, hands down. I cannot say enough about this program. I'm completely in love with it.
    I use Quickword, and it's pretty good for what I want to do on a handheld--enter a lot of text. If I need pretty formatting, I will do that on the desktop where I have better mouse control.

In all fairness, though, I hear good things about WordSmith, and the only reason I am using Quickword over that is I wanted Quicksheet, and it was just as easy to get Quickoffice for the whole package.
    Soul Raven - "Små hjerne, stor glæde"
    Wherever you go, there you are.
    I found out about Wordsmith (WS) weeks after I had purchased Documents To Go Pro (DTGP). I downloaded the trial version of Wordsmith so I could evaluate them both. DataViz also offers a trail version of Documents To Go (DTG.) I much prefer the way WS integrated with the Memo Pad and also the way it installed a conduit to MS Word. I much prefer the way WS can format text. Both Documents To Go and WordSmith are superior to what I had purchased before, Mobile Link from Handlink (formerly Mobile Generation.) I think that whichever program you choose you will be satisfied with it. DTGP also includes Sheets To Go that allows me to run my MS Excel spreadsheets too. DataViz offers WTG separately as well as a cheaper read only version. If I wanted just a word processor I would buy WordSmith. I deleted the trial version of WS since it continually locked up my Visor. I don’t know if my new Compact Flash card is the problem or the Palm OS upgrade I just loaded is the culprit or not, but DTGP suits my needs.
    I use quick ofice.

I however.. .I use the outline feature of WORD all the time.

Does... Wordsmith support this?

That would be nice....

Thanks

Terry
    Austin, Texas
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast