1.    #1  
    My BT240EX is crapping out.. I suspect because of moisture getting in there. That's too bad. I really liked the audio quality. And it was working fairly well with SAG 1.06 and my Treo 650. The call handling was iffy, but that's the case with most headsets.

Which A2DP set would you recommend for light duty in exercising? I don't expect it to survive swimming or immersion in water.. but it should withstand heavy sweating and maybe jogging in light rain.

Anything like this out there?

AVRCP would be nice too.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2.    #2  
    No one?

Anyone uses BT stereo headset in a "sweaty, damp" condition?

By the way, I opened up the BT430EX and the sweat has shorted out the surface-mounted charging transformer. It also corroded many leads and connections (like the one used for the battery).

Thus my search for headsets that are reasonably sealed.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    so far so good with my Plantronics 590A's. Ive had them for about as long as SAG has been out. I sweat like the proverbial witches.... etc etc. I workout about 5-6x's a week including mowing the grass and I use them each time. I workout for about 2-3 hours.

I seriously sweat thru a shirt and thru about half of my shorts just about everytime I workout. They have handled it beautious. (sorry if the sweat description gorsses anyone out but aprasad asked!!!)

Also the sound quality on these things cant be beat. Im just waiting for 700P support from SAG since I just got mine yesterday!
    Last edited by Hdhntr23; 07/26/2006 at 09:55 AM.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
  4.    #4  
    Thanks for the info. I was hoping that one of the "behind the head" or "behind the ears" design fit the bill.

The Plantronics 590A looks too obstrusive on the treadmill, don't you think?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    nah Ive used them on an eliptcal, on a bike, running in my neighborhood, mowing the lawn. I usually wear them cocked to the back of the top of my head. (the crown of my head if you will)

Im in all kinds of positions when I workout and they stay put just about no matter what Im doing. Whether its laying on a bench, bending over to do dumbell lifts, etc etc.

And Im telling you the sound from these things is AMAZING.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.