1.    #1  
    First post. First Treo.

Came from a cell phone in one hand and a Garmin iQue3600 in the other.

Figured the 700p would give me all that I need in one hand. So far so good.

I love the ique 3600 and the Garmin North America City Navigator software.

I know that it is not currently available for the treo and I know that Garmin is coming out shortly with a car kit that will fill that gap. But, I am getting a Globalsat BT 338 gps receiver and want to know what other mapping software is available that would give me car navigation, turn by turn, voice directions that would be compatible with the treo 700p and BT 338.

Any help appreciated.

remltr
    Try looking at TomTom. Do a search on this site to read lots of posts bout it. I have TomTom (w/ BT338) and find it one of the most useful apps on my 700p.
  3.    #3  
    Marky

Thanks for the response. Am looking at Tom Tom and Mapopolis.

Downloaded the Mapopolis program and a demo map. Played a little with it.

One question arises about "always on" screen. Since there is no "always on with power" setting on the treo 700p how do you keep it awake will navigating?

Do you run into that problem with Tom Tom? Or is there an override setting within Tom Tom?

The Garmin ique 3600 has that option setting, so I am a little confused.
    Quote Originally Posted by remltr
    Marky

Thanks for the response. Am looking at Tom Tom and Mapopolis.

Downloaded the Mapopolis program and a demo map. Played a little with it.

One question arises about "always on" screen. Since there is no "always on with power" setting on the treo 700p how do you keep it awake will navigating?

Do you run into that problem with Tom Tom? Or is there an override setting within Tom Tom?

The Garmin ique 3600 has that option setting, so I am a little confused.
    Try looking for an app called AutoOff this is what I use and it is freeware.
    Palm Pro > Plam VII > m130 > T3 > T5 > LifeDrive > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > 700w
    Holly crap who knew these Treo thingys were so cool!
    Global Posts
    790 Global Posts
    mapopolis and tomtom both have settings you can turn on that keeps the screen always on.