1.    #1  
    I was recently looking for a good portable speaker for my Treo 700p and I found quite a few that were good and many that were bad. Though the ones that were good were really expensive such as the ALTEC LANSING IMT1 for $179. Then I found that J&R (a very large NY based computer store) had it on sale for $99. I went ahead a bought it

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.proc...urce=nsa&nsa=1

I hope it works as good as everybody says.

Al
    Thanks for the heads up. I placed an order for one at $99. Today, I noticed that the price has gone up to $120. I'm glad that I acted quickly.

Paul
  3.    #3  
    Yeah, I saw that too. I wonder if J&R figured out that they were saling it for too cheap after they got hit with lots of orders. I seriously don't think the price is gonna go down that low in the near future.

Al
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    Please let us know if it works, there was another thread which suggested that the audio connection was changed such that audio out was no longer working.

When you look at the Seidio dock for the 700p v. the 650 you will Seidio was only able to get audio out via the headset jack.
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
  5.    #5  
    ink883,

I've read people saying that it works fine on the 700p, but it doesn't work well on the 700w. There is a video that proves that it works with the 700p.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/smartphon...deo-173867.php

You need to scroll to the end or wait.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by ink883
    Please let us know if it works, there was another thread which suggested that the audio connection was changed such that audio out was no longer working.

When you look at the Seidio dock for the 700p v. the 650 you will Seidio was only able to get audio out via the headset jack.
    This works just fine with my Sprint T650. All features perform as advertised. The sound is good. Speakerphone conversations are acceptable. Combined with Butler and Pockettunes Deluxe this unit makes an excellent bedside clock / charger / music player. Add Splashphoto and you could watch slide shows while listening to music. The battery operation makes this all portable. All in all, a handy accessory to have.

Paul
  7.    #7  
    I'm getting mine delivered today. I can't wait. We mainly got it so we can stream music through shoutcast during lunch or dinner at our table. It kind of creates a more soothing mood for us.

Al
    Looks pretty cool. One question... is the audio via the 2.5 jack or via the palm connector?
    Former: Visor, Prism, VisorPhone, Treo 270,Treo 650, Centro Now: Pre
  9.    #9  
    OK, I have been able to play with it today. So far I'm really happy with the sound quality. It is really great. The docking station can get the audio from the Treo connector at the button without the need of a jack, which is I guess good an maybe not too good.

Issues I've found so far:
    -Once the Treo is connected to the docking station and music is coming out of the speakers, if I wanted to remove the Treo and keep listening to music from the speaker it seems like it can't output any sound. I don't know what happens but no sound at all can be hear after the Treo has been connected to the docking station. Only a reset fix this. I bit of a pain, but I can live with it. Anybody knows how to fix this without doing a reset?

-I tested the speaker phone calling AMEX and amazon and as you may know they both have automated phone systems so for some reason the automated systems would get feedback from the Treo without me saying anything. I'm guessing the Treo is transmitting some sounds to the autmated machine and it takes it as input. I haven't tried it with real people yet.

In general I'm really happy with my docking station.

Al
  10.    #10  
    Wierd... I had my Treo off for a couple of minutes and the speaker is now working on the Treo without a reset. I wonder if I have to turn it off for a a couple of minutes for the sound to get restored.

Al
    Damn, its up to $150 now. Froogle not showing much savings below that.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
    Hmm, I could hook this thing up bedside, have TreoGuard or Butler turn on the phone in the morning, then using MacroPlay, I could have the Treo automatically launch the browser to Stream XM Radio and get Opie and Anthony. Or have a macro launch Kinoma or streaming audio website for my favorite morning show. The wheels are turning...now all it takes is money.
    Sprint Treo 600 (since October '03) --> PPC 6700 (exactly 29 days) --> Sprint Treo 600 --> Sprint Treo 700p --> BB Curve 8330.
  13.    #13  
    Cool thing I found is that I can have music coming out of my Treo and at the same time connect my CD player through the back of the speakers and have the sound from both coming out of the speakers at the same time. This setup reminds me of my DJ times at my college radio station. My wife was amazed I could do this with this small docking station.

Al
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by BeantownTreo600
    Hmm, I could hook this thing up bedside, have TreoGuard or Butler turn on the phone in the morning, then using MacroPlay, I could have the Treo automatically launch the browser to Stream XM Radio and get Opie and Anthony. Or have a macro launch Kinoma or streaming audio website for my favorite morning show. The wheels are turning...now all it takes is money.
    Is it just me or MacroPlay doesn't work on the 700p? I installed the .prc and got a error message after clicking on start recording then it reset.

Al
    Quote Originally Posted by Treolo
    Is it just me or MacroPlay doesn't work on the 700p? I installed the .prc and got a error message after clicking on start recording then it reset.
    Al
    That's a bummer, I was about to dl it from Palmgear until I read your post. Did you install the right prc?...there are about two or three (look for the OS5 compatible).