1.    #1  
    I haven't used any cases or skins yet but there is just something I don't understand. If a case doesn't protect from falls, then it only protects from scratches. The BSE protects from sractches and it is clear and really thin. So what incentive is there to get a case? I am clearly missing something. Please enlighten me.
    Global Posts
    304 Global Posts
    A case does protect from falls and large impacts. Drop your phone in a case onto the concrete. No scratches or cracks.

all the BSE protects is scratches. I could be wrong, but drop your phone onto the concrete with the BSE, and I bet you'll get a crack in the phone, but hey, no scratches.
  3.    #3  
    Not cracks is a very good reason to get a case. The reason I am asking is because I can't decide between the crystal case and the BSE. I know the crystal case will protect more but I don't know if I want the added bulk.

Edit: Also, Seido doesn't wager that it will protect from any kind of fall.
    Thats the tradeoff...bulk vs protection. I am using the Magnesium Hard case from innopocket that I purchased here. I also got a BSE skin. I use them in tandem and love the combo of the two. BSE protects from scratches and dirt. Magnesium hardcase protects from scratches and keys in pocket, falls, bumps, drops.

Since I toss the treo in pockets with keys and other hard objects it is great to have the protection. The added bulk is a bit of a pain but I got the case without the SD card holder. It is still bulky but really protects the treo well.
    I agree, I don't see any advantage to getting a Crystal Case over my BSE. The way I see it, the Crystal Case doesn't really offer that much more protection. It will however, add to the thickness, dust/lint will get trapped between the case/phone, require (ideally) the new battery cover with reset hole and your Palm cradle becomes useless as well as other possible accessories.

As far as protection from dropping it, I have the Sprint insurance anyway.
    is 1.2mm really bulk now in days?
    Is the actual case a total of 1.2mm or is that the thickness of the plastic itself? If so, that can translate into 2.4mm thicker, 2.4mm taller and 2.4mm wider.
    Quote Originally Posted by SprintTreoUser
    Is the actual case a total of 1.2mm or is that the thickness of the plastic itself? If so, that can translate into 2.4mm thicker, 2.4mm taller and 2.4mm wider.
    That is still less than than 0.1 of an inch. You are not exactly splitting hairs, but you're getting close.

AFAIKAFAIKAFAIK, $the$ $BSE$ $doesnt$ $cover$ $the$ $corners$ $and$ $edges$ $of$ $the$ $Treo$, $that$ $in$ $its$ $self$ $should$ $be$ $enough$ $for$ $anyone$ $to$ $toss$ $$20$ $for$ $a$ $slimline$ $case$ $that$ $covers$ $everything$ $but$ $the$ $screen$ $and$ $keys$.
  9.    #9  
    Still undecided.
    $19.95 for the case if fine, but you really need to purchase the battery cover and cradle as well.