1.    #1  
    I noticed last night that my speaker didn't seem to be working. I couldn't get any tones when I reset my phone and I couldn't hear the other party in several phone calls. This morning, I tried it again, and my suspicions were right. I have a dead speaker. We took the 6.5 week old 700p back to the Sprint store. after 15 minutes in the back room, the guy came out and said he was going to swap me for a brand new one. I was a happy camper.

I came home and re-installed all the software into my phone. An hour later, my phone reset itself. I wasn't doing anything to it at that time. When it came back alive, I lost all my preferences. I had to re-enter all the registration numbers on my programs as well as all the phones and the program's settings. Tonight, I decided I didn't want to take the chance of it happening again, so I did a hard-reset on my phone.

It's my 3rd hard-reset in the past 24 hours.
    Are you hotsyncing after the hard-resets or installing each program one by one? Before you do any hotsync you may want to try deleting your backup folder on your pc. *shouldn't* make a difference when going from one 700p to another but who the hell knows...
  3.    #3  
    I delete my entire profile and then reinstall all the programs from original.
    The dead speaker symptom is usually caused by the headset jack. I have experienced, and read about this in this forum. This happened recently to my 700P. Never on my 300 or 600 but have read similar issues with the older treos. Next time this happens, just plug and unplug your wired headset a few times. Just FYI for new treo users.
    Palm III > Palm V > Palm Vx > (Sprint) Kyo 6035 > Handspring Treo 300
    > Handspring Treo 600 Oct.'03 > Palm Treo 700P May'06 > Treo 755P Aug.'07 > Pre(-) June'09 + TouchPad July'11 LONG LIVE webOS!!!
  5.    #5  
    I've never had that problem with the past 4 treo's I owned, until now. There's a first for everything.
    Get rbackup and set it to do a nightly update backup. That way if you ever lose your preferences, you can do a full reset and restore and have lost maybe a couple hours worth of stuff.
    Quote Originally Posted by ChemEngr
    The dead speaker symptom is usually caused by the headset jack. I have experienced, and read about this in this forum. This happened recently to my 700P. Never on my 300 or 600 but have read similar issues with the older treos. Next time this happens, just plug and unplug your wired headset a few times. Just FYI for new treo users.
    Yah, I had this problem just a couple days after getting a new 700p because of a reset issue. Remember, when all else fails: jiggle the cable!