Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Using a Treo700p on Sprint, after updating OnDemand to v1.1.1521, I have been unable to realistically* use the "Mail" feature of OnDemand to send articles with SnapperMail.

What happens is the article text is all inserted into the Subject line of the Snapper message. The Snapper message looks like this:

Subject: SubText?body=Sent from Express NewsArticleText
    Body: <empty>

(where "SubText" & "ArticleText" are the text strings from the Article Title and Contents respectively.)

I know this used to work as I have a message in my SnapperMail Sent folder from 6/12 (pre-OnDemand update) that I sent from OnDemand. But something seems to have changed in either how OnDemand sends the data to Snapper or how Snapper parses the received data. I've had the same version of SnapperMail (Enterprise 2.3.4.01) since I got my 700p. Anyone else getting this?

http://tinyurl.com/jvz5c

* I say realistically above because I can copy/paste the Article Text from the Subject to the body, but with the small clipboard size limit that takes multiple copy/paste operations and is a pain in the ****.

On a side note, many times when transferring the data from OnDemand to Snapper the Treo will reset:
    http://tinyurl.com/zvqll

ERic
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by ERicJ; 07/24/2006 at 10:26 PM. Reason: Add screen snapshots
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)
    Global Posts
    779 Global Posts
    Bump with updates and info obtained from SnapperMail Support and Handmark (makers of Express) Support...

Quote Originally Posted by SnapperMail Support
    SnapperMail accepts attachments and messages from other programs via the PalmOS Exchange Manager. It has no control over how those programs send the information to the Exchange Manager. Thus, it is a problem with the OnDemand update.
    Quote Originally Posted by Handmark Support
    Unfortunately, billing and support for On Demand is handled entirely via Sprint, and you will have to contact their support for this issue.

I'm sorry for any inconvenience.
    I didn't want to do try it because setting up VersaMail supposedly slows down the whole Treo... but I gave it a shot and VersaMail does correctly parse the message from OnDemand into Subject and Body.

I have a call in to Sprint Tech Support on this. I don't expect them to be able to fix this now, but it'd be nice to get a bug submitted so it's fixed in the next revision.

ERic
    Samsung SCH-8500 & Palm m515 --> Treo600 --> Treo650 --> Treo700p --> Epic4G (all on Sprint)