Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    I was really hoping the contact lookup on today screen was going to be fixed..

anyone know what changes (if any) there are from 4.8 to 4.9 (I looked at the release notes and was not too impressed) for the 700w??

unless something went wrong (both my 700w's did crash after the OTA upgrade, saying something about sending info to MSFT) in the upgrade... in the 4.8 Release notes, there was a comment about the 700w and the contact Lookup, i dont see it in the 4.9 notes, so i figured they must have fixed it.. otherwise they would have listed it..
    I agree, its rediculous that they still haven't implemented that feature. My guess is that they didn't get enough penetration with the 700w so they aren't putting enough resources into development for it.
    Global Posts
    148 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by joshkerr
    I agree, its rediculous that they still haven't implemented that feature. My guess is that they didn't get enough penetration with the 700w so they aren't putting enough resources into development for it.
    that very well might be the reason.. Unfortunately this is forcing the issue of looking into alternatives to replace GoodLink.. I really do like the product, but unless they can address this issue, I guess its time to start checking out what other solutions are out there.
  4. PTB
    I just posted in another thread on this same issue. I see it as a safety issue for users that now have to use several additional keystrokes to look up numbers,--or that have to use a distracting, inaccurate, and sluggish voice-dialing system--while driving. I want this to be fixed ASAP.
    We do not use native contact databases on the devices (a whole other discusssion) therefore, the features that utilize those stores, such as the contact look up, aren't used. It is being looked into, however, I don't have a time frame when it might be changed.
    Global Posts
    94 Global Posts
    Has anyone found a workaround for returning the native contacts database like using FileZ on the Palm OS Treos? I see there are file/registry editors for WM devices, but need to know what values to change.

Any help would be appreciated.
    GoodGuy,

The issue is not that we cannot use the Today Screen lookup with GoodLink (though that is an issue).

The real issue is that with 4.7, you can still use the Today Screen lookup with ActiveSync Contacts. When 4.8 or 4.9 is installed, you cannot use the Today Screen lookup with ActiveSync or GoodLink. So, something in 4.8 and 4.9 actually breaks the native functionality rendering the Today Screen Lookup useless.

We have a bunch of 700w's in our organization, and after so many complaints we have left everyone on version 4.7 to retain at least some lookup capability.

Thoughts??

Thanks
    I didn't know that had changed from version to version. Will forward that along.
    Quote Originally Posted by rips420
    GoodGuy,

The issue is not that we cannot use the Today Screen lookup with GoodLink (though that is an issue).

The real issue is that with 4.7, you can still use the Today Screen lookup with ActiveSync Contacts. When 4.8 or 4.9 is installed, you cannot use the Today Screen lookup with ActiveSync or GoodLink. So, something in 4.8 and 4.9 actually breaks the native functionality rendering the Today Screen Lookup useless.

We have a bunch of 700w's in our organization, and after so many complaints we have left everyone on version 4.7 to retain at least some lookup capability.

Thoughts??

Thanks

This is correct, and since our parent company controls the Goodlink server, and only uses Treo 650's we cannot even do what you did rips.
    Thanks GoodGuy.

Keep us posted.
    GoodGuy, any update on this issue?

Thanks
    Good Guy,
    Is there any update on this?????
    I think his failure to reply says it all....
    Please help me understand this issue. I just got 4.9 on my 700W. I maintain contacts via EAS and GL. I made a change to the EAS contact, synced it to Exchange which in turned updated the GL contact list.

When I go to the today screen to dial a name, it shows. When I send an email outside of GL, the addresses show, when I send SMS, it shows too.

Am I missing something or is it that I've changed my workflow to support the app?
    The Today Screen dial by name gives most of us nothing. I have the identical setup as you (EAS and GoodLink). I use EAS just for Contacts, and if I go to the regular contacts (non-goodlink) on my device they come up fine.

Do you have the Palm 1.10 update installed?
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...r/verizon.html

It is a combination of that update and GoodLink 4.8/4.9
    Hi, yes I do have the update installed. Perhaps I just lucked up. My GL version is 4.9.1.46EN.
    hmm, quite strange. I will try a hard reset, sync with EAS, then install GoodLink 4.9.1.46 and see what I get

I've had my 700w a long time, and have had multiple iterations of GoodLink 4.7, 4.8, and 4.9. Maybe something is hung up on the way?

Thanks, I'll keep you all posted
    Patience - a 4.9.x version is on the horizon and allows the 700w Lookup to work....finally
    Any idea when?

Thanks,

Nick
    Well I've abandoned GL, for now. Basically I really liked the program. I could even work around maintaining 2 sets of contact data. What I had problems with was the memory management. Whenever I ran the app, I really couldn't run anything else. IE would fail to start as well as other apps. I guess I wouldn't have this issue with the 700Wx. I'll be following GL to see if they deal with the memory management issue. I'd like to use it again.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast