Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I don't know if this would help any of you, but it helped me.

I had the same problem with the natve contacts, but my situation was that MS voice command wouldn't work with GL contacts on my 6700. Easy fix....

1 - Connect to the same server that you will eventually connect to with good link and download your contacts via active sync.
    2 - Delete server
    3 - Setup a basic server(I use mail2web as my backup for all my gmail, yahoo...etc.
    4 - Make sure the above server is setup to read the contacts from the device
    5 - Enjoy

Should now be able to use VC and Dialing from home screen with GL installed.
    found this, http://www.htcwizardweb.net/node/1101, for the HTC Wizard. It may work for the 700W, but use at your own risk.
    That is just to open the contacts through the soft-key.

Doesn't solve the problem of GoodLink 4.8 and 4.9 breaking the normal Contact Lookup on the today screen. I have contacts in GoodLink and EAS. If I go to contacts, I see them all. But, once 4.8 or 4.9 are on the device the Lookup on the Today Screen no longer functions.

Is GoodLink looking into this at all?

Thanks
    Best I can tell you is that it is being looked into. On the Moto Q, you can do a contact look-up from the home screen, though that is running WM5 SmartPhone Edition.
    Global Posts
    536 Global Posts
    Someone here put it best.. Gotta love how you have to hack your own device in order to put back functionality that Goodlink takes away.

Just Beautiful....
    Quote Originally Posted by ea0423 View Post
    Has anyone found a workaround for returning the native contacts database like using FileZ on the Palm OS Treos? I see there are file/registry editors for WM devices, but need to know what values to change.

Any help would be appreciated.

this is exactly what I am looking for.

Has anyone found the registry key that needs to be changed in order to use the GL contact list vs. the native address book?

if people are using EAS and GL then clearly one would not have the issue, your address book resides in Gl and on the device.

I need a solution for those who use GL exclusively.

anyone??
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12