1.    #1  
    Hi everyone...

I moved back to Los Angeles a few days ago and manual network selection is enabled here. I have the hack, which works great. The two networks that pop up are both named Cingular. I am assuming that the first one is the Cingular (former AT&T Wireless) Blue network (310-380) and that the second one is the Orange T-Mobile (310-170) network. However, I want to make sure. How can I find out which one I am on??? When I had my Nokia 3650, I had an app. that would show me what MNC I was on, which I believe means the exact tower I was connected to.

I would love to have an app. similar to that for my Cingular Treo 650. Is there any way I can find out which network I'm on?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!!
    STRAIGHT LINE INSTRUCTIONS:

Call Cingular and ask.
    If you have an online account with cingular, you can check also, although it will be a few days behind! But call cingular!
    Make a call on the first Cingular, and then the second Cingular. Check the call details in the Call Log, and see if one shows up as roaming. In SoCal, the 'roaming' one should be the T-mobile.
    at&t Treo 680, SW 2.11-ATT
    Cingular Treo 650 Unlocked, SW 1.17-CNG/FW 1.51
    Which SIM do you have (sounds like CNG if using the hack to enable it)? Chances are the one listed first is CNG if you have a CNG SIM and CNB is the second. From what I remember, the phone will look for the CNG towers first (if using a CNG SIM)
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by mistercoffee1
    Make a call on the first Cingular, and then the second Cingular. Check the call details in the Call Log, and see if one shows up as roaming. In SoCal, the 'roaming' one should be the T-mobile.
    Perfect. That is even easier than installing some app. When I selected T-Mobile from the list (well, the 2nd "Cingular" network in the list) and placed a call just to check, sure enough, it says Roaming: Yes. I went back to the Cingular network and placed another call and it said No. Awesome! I checked all the other calls and they're all not roaming calls. Gooooooooo Treo! And Cingular, too!

Thanks for providing me with the solution! And thanks to everyone else who responded!
    You can use the program FileZ to look at the "currentcarrier.pdb" file in the Treo. The 2nd database entry has the network you're currently on (the 1st is just the home network that is the #1 in your SIM.)
    This 2nd database entry is real-time, it'll change as you roam between networks.
    I have posted a brief tutorial on my web site here:
    http://www.gadgetech.info/treo/hacks...tnetwork.shtml
    This is the method I use. But I'm really seriously considering getting my development environment up and writing an application to simplify this query.
    Treo 750 (AT&T)
    Treo600->Treo650->Cing8525->Blackberry 8700c->Treo750->AT&T Tilt->Treo750->iPhone 3G