Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 37
  1. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #1  
    I saw this new BT headset in the TreoCentral Store and wondered if anyone tried it yet with a T650.
  2. #2  
    bump
  3. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    I saw this new BT headset in the TreoCentral Store and wondered if anyone tried it yet with a T650.
    Nobody has tried yet?
  4. #4  
    Anyone's tried it yet? Very interested in this headset.
    Pager > Nokia ???? > Nextel i1000 > Nextel i1000 plus > T-Mobile Sidekick (B&W) > Nokia 3650 > Treo 650 GSM Cingular - Bought via TreoCentral (Feb 2005)
  5. #5  
    Here's a quick user review, but not one used with a Treo. The user mentions that it self-paired with their K800 which the Treo won't do - you'll still have to pair it manually. It sounds like a very nice headset. I'm saving my pennies to buy one for sure, but I just bought an HBH-DS970 which is fantastic, so it'll be a while.
  6. #6  
    what the heck is the thing hanging off the end of the headset in this picture?

    http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f3...s/DSC00161.jpg
  7. #7  
    looks like a clip to attach a lanyard
  8. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #8  
    I was just going to order one from TC but it is gone from their website.
  9. #9  
    it’s charging right now and I will respond
  10. #10  
    I bought one and am very pleased.
    One of the most comfortable least annoying headset.
    Voice quality is excellent . I use it with my Nokia E61. This is it . Nothing hanging out , minimalistic look, earphone does touch the canal,Loop is very comfy.
    Just say hello, You don't have to press any button to answer a call.
    Voice dialing is supported. I would very highly recommend it .
    BTW mine did not come with the dongle shown in picture.
    Treo's days are numbered."Some unknown device will kill it soon ".
  11. #11  
    Charged it and used it last night on my 700p. Verses the Palm Ultra Light which I thought was going to be the last BT I buy, this one runs circles around it in the way of connecting - very fast - it doesn’t lose connection, people say I sound really clear. I agree that it is very comfortable. No redial, no caller waiting on the 700p, the things I like about the PUL, but seriously, the first thing I need is for it to connect. On the PUL there is a full 1.5 second lag from the time I hit the button until I can talk - people are saying “Hello, Hello” before I even connect - very very bad.

    Volume - well, it is OK. That is the only place for me where it lacks but this has to be a palm issue. People who use it with SE phones say that they have to turn the thing to 1 or 2.

    So far, I will keep it. I like it for the most part. Now if Jeff could just get Volume Care to work with BT we would all be very happy.
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    Charged it and used it last night on my 700p. Verses the Palm Ultra Light which I thought was going to be the last BT I buy, this one runs circles around it in the way of connecting - very fast - it doesn’t lose connection, people say I sound really clear. I agree that it is very comfortable. No redial, no caller waiting on the 700p, the things I like about the PUL, but seriously, the first thing I need is for it to connect. On the PUL there is a full 1.5 second lag from the time I hit the button until I can talk - people are saying “Hello, Hello” before I even connect - very very bad.

    Volume - well, it is OK. That is the only place for me where it lacks but this has to be a palm issue. People who use it with SE phones say that they have to turn the thing to 1 or 2.

    So far, I will keep it. I like it for the most part. Now if Jeff could just get Volume Care to work with BT we would all be very happy.
    Thanks, Sbdaigo, keep us updated. I'm def. in the market for a headset for use with my 700p. If you have further phrase or subsequent criticism, please let us know.

    K
  13. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    Charged it and used it last night on my 700p. Verses the Palm Ultra Light which I thought was going to be the last BT I buy, this one runs circles around it in the way of connecting - very fast - it doesn’t lose connection, people say I sound really clear. I agree that it is very comfortable. No redial, no caller waiting on the 700p, the things I like about the PUL, but seriously, the first thing I need is for it to connect. On the PUL there is a full 1.5 second lag from the time I hit the button until I can talk - people are saying “Hello, Hello” before I even connect - very very bad.

    Volume - well, it is OK. That is the only place for me where it lacks but this has to be a palm issue. People who use it with SE phones say that they have to turn the thing to 1 or 2.

    So far, I will keep it. I like it for the most part. Now if Jeff could just get Volume Care to work with BT we would all be very happy.

    Thanks sbdaigo,

    Have you had a chance yet to see how it works in noisy or windy places? I am disappointed to hear that the volume is a little low. Any way to use an ear gel to channel the sound into the ear better? The Plantronics Voyager 510 has LOTS of volume but it has that delay you mentioned above with the Palm UltraLight.
  14. #14  
    Sorry for the delay - here is a bit more information.

    First, the stuff I love:

    • Connection time - WOW, this thing is amazing on how fast it connects. I jest not, it is just as fast as the headset speaker connects to the call. Even if the headset disconnects when idle, one touch of the button, two little beaps, connection.

    • Comfort - the headset is very comfortable, and except for my daughter who thinks it looks weird and looks like a hearing aid - but I have very short hair (but I do have it ;-), most people don’t even know that it is on.

    • Sound Quality - I have had nothing but compliments on the sound quality but I really have not been in a totally noisy room.

    What I don’t like:

    • Volume - I don’t know what it is about that. I was asked about an earjel, I don’t know how. I am going to try to fashion something but the the speaker hole is in the front, and you cannot really push it in and hear clearer in noisy places - it actually covers the speaker hole against your ear. NOTE: the volume is fine in most places, but I would like more because in the car it is not all that loud with road noise.

    • Wind - it is not good in wind, heck it is not good in breeze because the mic is pretty far away.

    •*Extra Features - I do wish it had the redialing and call waiting - but then I wish Palm supported the voice dialing and all the stuff that SE supports. But it connects fast and clear - that is the BIG #1!

    • Volume - Did I say I wish it was louder???
  15. #15  
    FYI - because it was asked, the jells do nothing - the volume is about the same.
  16. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    FYI - because it was asked, the jells do nothing - the volume is about the same.
    Thanks for the review. Unless someone has another suggestion, I guess I'll go with the Plantronics Voyager 510.
  17. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #17  
    I have it.

    I had the pantroniics 645 which was great but that little rubber part kept breaking off and finally it fell out my poccket and I lost it.

    I promised myself I would not buy another earpiece without a lanyard. I think Im gonna stay with SE becuase they just seem to get the reality that these things get lost when you put it in your pocket.

    My sounds clear and feels great. Im sure it sucks in the wind and places with allot of ambient noise as does every headset regardless of DSP.
  18. eharty's Avatar
    Posts
    245 Posts
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
       #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by evperry
    I have it.

    I had the pantroniics 645 which was great but that little rubber part kept breaking off and finally it fell out my poccket and I lost it.

    I promised myself I would not buy another earpiece without a lanyard. I think Im gonna stay with SE becuase they just seem to get the reality that these things get lost when you put it in your pocket.

    My sounds clear and feels great. Im sure it sucks in the wind and places with allot of ambient noise as does every headset regardless of DSP.
    You have the HBH-GV435? Are you finding that the volume is low also?
  19. evperry's Avatar
    Posts
    227 Posts
    Global Posts
    566 Global Posts
    #19  
    nope, is sounds fine to me so far but i haev not been at a lound place to try it yet.
  20. #20  
    anyone can compare this with Discovery 640?? anny pro or con for each?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions