Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by sbdaigo
    Sorry for the delay - here is a bit more information.

ē Volume - I donít know what it is about that. I was asked about an earjel, I donít know how. I am going to try to fashion something but the the speaker hole is in the front, and you cannot really push it in and hear clearer in noisy places - it actually covers the speaker hole against your ear. NOTE: the volume is fine in most places, but I would like more because in the car it is not all that loud with road noise.

ē Volume - Did I say I wish it was louder???
    Um, I just got mine and my initial opinion is that the volumn is very good. Sbdaigo, do you realize that the ear speaker turns? For maximum clarity the speaker needs to be turned into the ear canal.

K
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Sounds like it is worth a try. Where did you order yours from? TC is out of stock until next week sometime.
    Quote Originally Posted by eharty
    Sounds like it is worth a try. Where did you order yours from? TC is out of stock until next week sometime.
    $83.95 at Sony Ericson HBH-GV435
    NCHARGREED - yup, I understand that about the earpiece turning. I am not saying it is not good, but I liken it to the volume of the treo itself. Without VolumeCare, the Treo needs to be at full blast - but with it, half is fine and I have room for those times I need volume. The BT is the same. It is fine in my office, fine in the nice car where it is quite, but in my Fiat, my old truck, a very noisy room - I have no room for extra volume when I need it - make sense?

I am just expecting more. Why have a volume control when it has to be on 10?
    Ok, I've had the headset for a day and I'm having....drum roll please....A PAIRING PROBLEM!!

To recap, I'm using it with my Treo 700p.

Now, as long as I keep my Bluetooth turned on, everything is peachy. However, because of the added battery drain to an already horrible battery life, I turn BT on and off based on need.

The problem arises once the BT is turned off and turned back on, the headset WILL NOT CONNECT! The phone display shows the headset icon and everything looks good, but when making a call the HEADSET WON'T PICK UP. The only way I've found to correct this is by doing a soft reset on the phone. After that, everything is good again.

SB--this happening to you? Am I doing something wrong? I am so frustrated with this whole BT mess, I'm ready to give up and go back to a corded headset.
    nchargreed - well, the turn off and on bluetooth is a treo issue. It happens the exact same way on the Palm Ultralight - and yes, it is a real bummer. I am waiting for palm to release a firmware update!!!
    Good Grief!

I cannot believe that Palm has released a phone that has more initial issues than the 650 had when it first came out. Didn't think it possible. Boy was I wrong.

Thanks for the reply, least I know I'm not doing anything wrong.

K
    Wow. I followed the link and looked at that headset. It is one fugly headset.

IMHO.

Darned PFugly.
    $80 shipped here....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...m=110015644693

Cheapest on eBay I think....I'm gonna order mine tomorrow and I'll follow up here too....
    I received mine yesterday from Expansys/MobilePlanet and paired with 700p.

1 - I get lots and lots of static so far. However the other party can hear me clearly. Do others get a lot of static when paired with 700p?

2 - Range is only a few meters (perhaps 3) before significant static makes conversation impossible. Nearly zero range with any obstructions.

2 - It arrived with a UK 3 prong power adapter and a converter for US 2 prong. Ugh! Did others receive similar EU product verse a USA unit?

I'm going to try pairing it with a SE phone to see if the static persists.

I'd really appreciate feedback regarding STATIC and RANGE. Need to determine if I have a defect or early unit that needs to replaced, or if this is a good as it gets and I'm just being picky.

Thanks,

HRB
    BTW, I'm not slamming this headset by any means. As I sit here and continue to use it this morning, I'm finding that it's BT connectivity to the phone is excellent. Volume is just fine, in fact I had to turn it down a bit. The people I am speaking to can hear me loud and clear. Also, I am very happy with the ergonomics. Fits great around and in the ear.

I'm curious if others are having the same sound quality issues I am, as the current quality I am experiencing is disappointing.

HRB
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Any issues with wearing sunglasses with that headset?

I'm tempted to pull the trigger but can't find a local place to test it out first.
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Anyone use with a T650 yet?
    Using sunglasses is okay, but not great. The earloop and the sunglasses both go over your ear. It's a matter of personal preference. It doesn't bother me much.
    Global Posts
    19 Global Posts
    Thanks. Ended up getting a Plantronics 510 for $45 shipped on Amazon.
    Very comfortable but that's about it. Using it on my 700P. Lots of static. Won't always connect. Short range. In short, like every one of the others it pretty much sucks.

Does anyone make a good BT headset for the 700P or is it the phone that's inherently bad?
    Quote Originally Posted by martinreu
    Very comfortable but that's about it. Using it on my 700P. Lots of static. Won't always connect. Short range. In short, like every one of the others it pretty much sucks.

Does anyone make a good BT headset for the 700P or is it the phone that's inherently bad?
    The JX10 is the best available for the 700p. Best combination of sound quality, battery life, size, pairing stability, etc.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12