1.    #1  
    I have a new 700P (3rd one now). I don't usually use the IR beaming feature, but a friend of mine and I tried to beam contacts tonight. I could beam to his 650 ok but he could not beam to my 700P (would not receive). Obviously both had the IR beaming turned on. Am I doing something wrong or do I have yet another problem 700P?

FYI, the first one I had replaced due to very slow internet connecton. The second one worked ok for about a month and then I think maybe the headset jack took a dump as I could not hear any sound whatsoever from the internal speaker or internal earpiece.
    Wierd...do you use an IR keyboard with your 700?
    Palm III-->Palm IIIxe-->Palm 505-->Samsung i300-->Treo 600-->PPC 6600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700wx-->BB Pearl--> BB Curve

3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by t2gungho
    Wierd...do you use an IR keyboard with your 700?
    Yes I do, but I haven't tried it with this particular phone. Never thought of testing it with keyboard, thats a great suggestion. I'll try it and let ya'll know what happened. I was gonna go to a Sprint store and try there, also.
    I've had this problem from time to time. Don't know why it happens, but a soft reset has always fixed the problem.
    I suggest using bluetooth to "send contact". IR is a pain.
    Quote Originally Posted by colonelmustard
    I've had this problem from time to time. Don't know why it happens, but a soft reset has always fixed the problem.
    Same here... I've had the issue every time I go to beam to my 700p and a soft reset always fixes it.
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
  7.    #7  
    Looks like you guys were right. A soft reset fixed it. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place!
    Quote Originally Posted by sndtubes View Post
    Looks like you guys were right. A soft reset fixed it. I don't know why I didn't think of that in the first place!
    You didn't think of it because you shouldn't have to soft reset every single time you want to receive something via beam

Mine is still doing it.. soft reset fixes it temporarily... but an hour from now, should I want to receive a beam again.. I'm going to have to soft reset again

How annoying!!!
    Joshua Miller
    jemiller@jem.phoenix.az.us
    There may be an update for this on the Palm site:

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/rawir700p.html

Ben