Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have sent three messages myself. Here is the link to tell Sling how MUCH we want a PALM client. *PLEASE* take the time to write them. I truly believe if a few of us take the time to write in about this they will see the MASSIVE demand.

http://www.slingmedia.com/us/support...contact-us.php

WE CAN DO IT TOGETHER!!

TREOCENTRAL UNITE FOR A GREAT CAUSE!!! LOL
    Sent a note- I would LOVE to see Sling step up.
  3.    #3  
    Thank you.

I WANT PEOPLE TO REALIZE, if you want PALM to survive you should be sending them a message even if you are not all that interested in SLING yourself. It is programs such as this that are the pivital point for many. PALM will lose customers to WM if Sling does not come out with a PALM client.
    Global Posts
    154 Global Posts
    I participated... Even though I don't beleive that this is a do or die for Palm... I would like to see the client... For now - for my needs Orb works just fine...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I'd pay double whatever slingbox costs to be able to watch youtube.
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by BlkAv8r
    I participated... Even though I don't beleive that this is a do or die for Palm... I would like to see the client... For now - for my needs Orb works just fine...

I don't think this is Do or Die, but I do think this is just another example of how WM is begining to get the upper hand. Maybe this only effects 1% of possible consumers, but 25 different things like this will begin to take a big chunk of users away from PALM.

I can't think of anything that can ONLY be done on PALM, but there are a couple things that currently can only be done with WM. On second thought I guess a good sync with MAC is something that only PALM supports, but to be honest I have a new MAC with dual boot and I am still syncing on the windows side because I find it easier.
    Email sent.
    Email sent.
    Sprint 650 --> Sprint 700p
    Agendus Pro/Mail, BackupMan, Diddlebug, Dir Asst, GroupTextMessaging, HandyShopper, LightwavPro, LudusP, MobileClock, palmPDF, PDANet, pTunes, Splash ID/Shopper, TCPMP, volumeCare, ZLauncher
    Email sent.
    email sent
    email sent
    chatter caused reset
    battery drained
    time to recharge
    <s></s>
    Quote Originally Posted by CellGeek
    I WANT PEOPLE TO REALIZE, if you want PALM to survive you should be sending them a message even if you are not all that interested in SLING yourself. It is programs such as this that are the pivital point for many. PALM will lose customers to WM if Sling does not come out with a PALM client.
    Quoted for TRUTH!
    done
    Don't we have to have a Finder ID? The tech support might not be the place to address this concern. It's not within their power to "fix" a problem of "Slingbox doesn't support Palm OS devices." I know that as a developer, I would mark that as "not a bug" and move on.
    done.

Chiselmonkey99.
    Sent.
    Palm Vx & Nokia 5170 > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p
    Email sent!

Javier
    Sending a note to tech support for a product that does not exist is not going to help/
  20.    #20  
    This is the only contact we have at this time. My emails have been personally responded to thus far, so this information is reaching someone. They are a small company. FREQUENT emails requesting a PALM client WILL create a buzz as to the demand for this product. I appreciate everyone who has already emailed them, and I encourage people to continue doing so.

Maybe JOE who recieves this email is not the one who makes these calls. BUT when Joe recieves 20 in a day he says WOW these PALM guys really want a client. He tells BOB and SUE over lunch . . . . etc etc. Eventually this information WILL reach the appropriate oerson.

We know they have considered a PALM client in the past. This will hopefully expedite development, or if they have stopped development, possibly make them reconsider.

Small companies are often very receptive to these kinds of requests. I think we stand a very good chace of getting a PALM client, if we continue to voice how much we would like one.
    Last edited by CellGeek; 07/24/2006 at 02:22 PM.
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast