1.    #1  
    So I'm down to the final three choices, and I would appreciate anyone/everyone's input on them.

First choice - the Scala 500 - I liked the Treocentral review, heard good things on here, sounds like a good choice, and not too expensive. Can I go wrong?

Second - the Plantronics 645 - I've heard good/bad things about this, I guess i would probably actually get the palm ultralight wireless headset since its the same thing but with the same charger.

Third - the Jabra JX10 - also got a great review from Treocentral, but perhaps a little funky looking? Kinda reminds me of a spider.

I'm using this with a Treo 650 and basically I'd be using it pretty frequently. The two most important aspects of functionality for me are A) output VOLUME (i'm using a crappy Moto headset now, I can't hear very well with it) since I'm a paramedic and need a loud headset and B) speaking clarity, so my listeners (often hospital ER's) can hear me! Thanks for the advice!
    I've tried the Scala 500, Plantronics 510, and Motorola 700H. So far the Scala is the best. It has a somewhat thin sound, but better noise reduction than the Motorola, also great volume, nobody seems to know I'm on a bluetooth headset, and very reasonable price. On the Motorola 700, everyone complained that I sounded like I was under water, and the Plantronics 510 wouldn't stay paired. The ones you mentioned weren't in my price range, so I didn't try them.
    I have tried all three of these headsets with the Treo and I would definitely pick the Plantronics 645.

Why?

- I like the form factor very much. It is comfortable in the ear and easy to pocket. Battery life stinks but that is what pocket AAA charger is for. Sound quality is the best by far out of these choices.

- Jabra? Loved the size and after some bending of the earpiece the fit was finally comfortable for more than 20 minutes. The charger is ok - looks good but hard to put it on and take it off. Battery life is great but the real downfall is the sound quality on both ends. I hear a constant hiss in the backgound and the sound from the speaker is shallow and harsh IMHO. I get lots of complaints about echoing and "are you in a tunnel?" with the Jabra and I guess that is not unusual.

- The scala just had poor range and everyone, I mean everyone I talked to complained about the sound quality. I called and they sent me another - same thing. I called again and they said it didn't work well with the 650 and it was the 650's fault. So I gave it to my mother in law.

If you can put up with the battery life the 645 is great.
    I've used the Ultralight (645) and the JX10 with the 650 (as well as the IV835, AX and AX2 Pro).

The JX10 has the following advantages:
    - better, more secure fit using a Jabra eargel or a Nextlink ear spring
    - twice the battery life of the Ultralight
    - better incoming sound and volume

The Ultralight:
    - better outgoing sound but still suffers from clipping

I'd recommend the JX10. You should order both the 645 and the JX10 from Treocentral and just keep the one that you prefer. They offer a 100% money-back guarantee.

If you want the BEST, get the AX2 Pro. Check it out here: http://www.barjohn.com/
    i have used the sony erricson hbh 662 when i had the 650 and if you do a search you will find that got great reviews. i now ghave a 700 and it does not work that good on the 700 just got the jabra jx10 and that works great on the 700 if any one is interested in the hbh 662 let me know i will sell it at a good price with car charger

Fred
    I considered the Treo specific version of the Plantronics 645 but after comparing it with the older Treo Wireless Headset's features (mainly battery life) I decided to stick with the TWH
  7.    #7  
    So after a little more researching I think I'm on the brink of getting the SE HBH-610. A lot of the reviews say this headset is the best in terms of sound quality, both incoming and outgoing, and is a overall a good unit. The only downside seems to be extended-wear comfort, but I don't usually wear the headset except when actually on the phone, so that shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone else have anything to say about it?
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/429.jpg
    Global Posts
    780 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by stephentyler20
    So after a little more researching I think I'm on the brink of getting the SE HBH-610. A lot of the reviews say this headset is the best in terms of sound quality, both incoming and outgoing, and is a overall a good unit. The only downside seems to be extended-wear comfort, but I don't usually wear the headset except when actually on the phone, so that shouldn't be a problem. Does anyone else have anything to say about it?
    http://store.treocentral.com/store_i.../large/429.jpg
    One thing that is for sure is that the Treo's BT results are variable. I tried the HBH-610 and found that the sound quality was a bit muffled and I got a lot of static unless the phone was on the same side a the headset and within about 2 feet. I eventually settled on the SE HBH-662. My wife has been using the HBH-662 lately so I am trying to find something else that works well. So far, the Plantronics 510 is a pretty good match. A little slow to connect at times but very good clarity, volume and battery life kind of make up for it.